11: Insults From Prisoners

EVAN

EVAN

I was thrown into a small cell, angering me even more. The guards locked the cell and looked at me with disgust. From the very start, my existence was hated by the majority. It's probably because of the fact that I am superior to them. "Hope you'll be rotting here." One of the guards said before letting out a laugh. And with that said, they left.

Traitors! I thought they were on my side but who the hell cares? They too low to be my friends or even acquaintances. I sat properly on the floor and stared at my small cell. Disgusting! It looked like it hasn't been clean for a decade. I'm not a freaking animal to be place here.

"It seems like you got yourself into trouble too." I heard someone say, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked around to find a familiar face. Oh, it's them. The mermaid and her human prince. He scowled at me and said, "I'm a merman not a mermaid."

Oh, I must have said that out loud but I don't care. The human girl glanced at me and gave me an annoyed look. "I'm not a boy nor am I royalty," she said.

I stared at them, judging their appearance. The human is too plain but there's something about her that differentiates her from other females here. I have no clue as to what is that. And what is she wearing? Why is she wearing men's clothes? Why are her clothes...so tight?

"Stop staring at me, creep," she told me while glaring at me. The stupid merman laughed, enjoying what was unfolding right in front of him. "I can do whatever I want. You're not the boss of me," I replied. She raised her middle finger at me and mouthed something.

The merman grabbed her hand and said, "Can you please act like a lady for once?" She glanced at him and rolled her eyes. "You're sexist," she replied. Unbelievable. Her ego as bigger then mine. The rumours were true. Humans are the best in everything. Even this kinds of things.

"You humans are rude," I commented and a scowl was I got for a reply. "You do know that you have at least some human DNA in every one of you in this place?" she said. That's impossible. That's a lie. We know our history and you don't.

"Lies. We were created by the gods and goddesses because they felt that humans were creatures that went wrong. A human like you is a malfunction. They gave you everything but you took it all and didn't give anything back," I stated.

She looked at me in disbelief and shook her head. "You guys are too naive and easily fooled," she replied, glancing at the merman and me. What? Is this girl insane?

"Excuse me? Can you please repeat what you just said?" I spoke with a glare. She smirked and laughed. "Are you deaf? You've already understood what I just said. There's no need for me to repeat that." She inched closer to me and smirked. "Who are you to me?" I don't know. You tell me.