ACADEMIC DECATHLON

Start from the beginning

"No, thanks. I'm fine, Flash." You muttered, glancing under the seats and noticing some trash. You picked it up, tossing it in the small bin before exiting the bus and walking towards Peter.

You sighed when you slipped your hand into his, leaning yourself onto the side of his arm with a tired smile. Ned smiled over at you while you gave one back, a blush sunrising over your cheeks.

"You two are adorable." Ned commented while Flash stood off to the side with a grimace and a hard set jaw, determination suddenly soaring through him like a rocket.

-
Your room was right next to Peter's and Ned's and you were rooming with Liz because a guy and a girl couldn't be together in the same room for obvious reasons. However, you were close enough to go talk to him which was nice.

"So, what's up with you and Peter?" Liz questioned as she began to set out her clothes for tomorrow's decathlon.

You blushed, a smile creeping to your lips as you tucked the loose strands of hair out of your face. "Well, it's been two and a half years since we started dating and life is good."

Liz glanced up from fixing her outfit and digging back in her suitcase to look at you.

"You really like him, don't you?" She asked you.

You only nodded back in response- causing an even wider smile to bloom on top of your cherry lipstick covered lips. The blush was rising quicker.

"Do you mind if I go talk to him for a little bit? I'll be back in time to go to the pool since his room is right next to ours." You asked her. She nodded back in response.

"Sure. Knock yourself out."

"Thanks." You replied before shutting the door behind you and walking next door to knock on Peter and Ned's door.

-
You knocked quietly on the door, waiting for Peter to come and answer it. When he opened up the door, you smiled up towards him. He looked like he was going somewhere.

"Where you off to?" You questioned.

He glanced towards the floor. That meant he was guilty of something that he wasn't willing to tell you for some reason- and it was bugging you.

"Just to go study in the lobby. Nothing big or anything suspicious." He answered back quickly- giving you a brief smile before pressing a light kiss to your forehead and pushing past you.

"Wait, Peter?" You called out to him. You were confused and you didn't want him to leave- because you knew he was probably going somewhere else other than the lobby- and for a reason you didn't know about yet.

He turned back to look at you with worry laced in your irises. You could see the guilt forming in his eyes quickly- meaning there was definitely something he didn't want you to know about.

He came back to you, wrapping you up in a tight embrace as you inhaled his scent- tightening your grip around him.

"I'll be back before you know it, ____." He whispered softly into your ear before letting go and giving you one last smile before rushing off down the staircase.

You stood outside the open door for his and Ned's room- Ned taking notice of your sulkiness.

"Hey, ____, come here." Ned called out.

You turned to look for a teacher- not seeing one- and rushed into the room, shutting the door behind you as you went over to where Peter's bed was and sat down on it.

"Ned, where is he constantly going? He's cancelling dates, running off randomly, and cancelling late night get togethers." You asked.

Ned wanted to tell you so badly because you looked so hurt but he had sworn to Peter that whenever he was ready to tell you- he would. He just needed some time to make sure he knew what he was doing and found the correct words to say it in.

"Beats me. He doesn't even tell me where he goes off too." Ned lied.

You nodded sadly, playing with a loose strand of hair from your ponytail before taking it down to its full length. Ned glanced over and knew exactly what to say.

"Better be careful, ____. Flash likes you- and Peter isn't here right now to protect you." He pointed out.

"Yeah," You said sadly. "I wish he was here. I just don't see where he could've gone and why he would've gone."

Thoughts were racing through your head- and let me tell you this.

There were many of them.

——
part two coming now!

-katherine