•Death Wish•

Quick note before this starts, Y/L/N is your last name, and also this is a sort of sad chapter. Just a fair warning.
Enjoy!

"Fact: opossums are not rodents. They are marsupials." Mark states, and I have to laugh.

"What? How do you know that?"

"I have no clue." He marveled. "You're turn." I scratch my head and watch him finish eating, trying to come up with one.

"Ooh! Theodore Roosevelt hated being called Teddy." I respond and Mark raises his eyebrows.

"Wow. I never knew that. But frankly that was boring. Try again." He says jokingly, but I still do.

"A crack in a glass travels faster than 3,000 miles per hour." His eyes widen at that.

"Better. I've taught you well." He smiles at me, before taking both of our plates to the sink. I smirk to myself, and look away.

"Give me another. Last one." I challenge Mark, and he immediately scrunches up his face, thinking of a good random fact.

"Starfish do not have brains." He chimes, and my mouth falls open.

"Really?" He nods.

"Yup. Just like you." He states with a giggle.

"You-" I almost retorted with an amazing comeback, but my phone began to ring. "You get out of this one." I glare at Mark jokingly, before taking my phone out of my pocket and exiting the room. I furrow my brow when it reads with my doctors offices name. What could they want?

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Miss Y/L/N?"

"This is."

"Alright, Miss, the Doctor has instructed me to inform you to come in as soon as possible." She says in a quiet voice. My heart stops and my world freezes.

"O-Okay. Can I come in tomorrow?"

"Yes ma'am, that would be fine. Have a nice evening ma'am." And she's gone just like that. My heart restarts, and beats wildly. My mind races with possibilities of why he would need to see me immediately.

"Fuck fuck fuck." I whisper to myself.

"Y/N?" Mark's voice in close proximity makes me jump back to reality. "Y/N? He calls again, and apparently my expression gives me away when he sees me. "Oh no Y/N, what happened? Who was that?" Mark walks over to me, his eyes darting about my face, searching for any sign as to why I'm like this.

"It- it- my-" I have to force myself to take a deep breath. Mark gathers me into his arms, and I press my head into his chest.

"Let's get you to sit." He whispers, before guiding me to our couch and setting me on it. I stare at nothing, still processing what I heard. "I'm going to get you some water, and let's calm you down, okay?" I nod, my breathing still irregular. Mark leaves for a second, leaving me with my thoughts. What could be wrong? Why does he need to see me so soon? What did they find in those tests that we did? "Y/N." Mark summons me back to the real world. "Here." He holds out the glass of water for me as he sits on the couch next to me. I accept it and take a sip, trying to get my thoughts straight. "Okay. What happened?" His hand hovers over my arm cautiously.