·Waiter?·

My phone begins to ring randomly. Unknown number. I don't remember giving anyone my number, but I answer anyways.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe." I hear a rough voice on the other end. "Are you excited for our date tonight?" Oh yeah... Jason... That pig of a guy I met in Cincinnati, and can't get a clue.

"Totally!" Because I just can't wait to hear more about you and let you endlessly talk.

"So what are you gonna wear tonight babe? I'm hoping something short and tight." My mouth falls open at the rudeness of him. Is he actually serious?

"I don't know yet. I wasn't thinking big."

"Sure, babe, whatever floats my boat." I furrow my brows. Isn't the saying whatever floats your boat? "See you at 7!" He hangs up. Faaanntastic! I glance over at my clock. Its already 6:32.

I jump out of bed and look in the mirror. My hair is insane, with knots strewn about, and I have bags under my eyes from the fitful night sleep I had. Yay.

I go to my closet and pick out some jeans and a band t-shirt. I'm not dressing slutty for him.

I walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth while scrolling through Pinterest, repinning some that I deem worthy.

After I'm done, I brush my hair down so it's not so hideous, and then braid it. I put a bit of foundation and some mascara on and I'm ready to go. I hear a knock on my door. I turn.

That shouldn't be him, it's only... I check my phone. Oh... Its already 7. I grab my purse and open the door. Gross. Jason is a greasy looking man, with his hair having some chemical in it, and his face looking sweaty and red. The only attractive thing about him were his eyes, which were bright blue, almost glowing through the night.

"Hey! You look hot, but I can't see your ass. Major turn off, but I can deal." he smirks. Disguisting.

"Okay, let's go." I say, locking my door and then following him to his car. We get in and drive to a somewhat high end restaurant.

"See? I told you to dress nice." Short and tight is not nice. But honestly I couldn't care less how I looked to him.

I walk up to the register with Jason. He whispers something to the man behind the counter, and he nods his head with a smile. He leads us to the back room, then up some stairs onto a balcony with no one else around. I immediately feel self conscious, and my stomach drops. I seriously didn't want to be alone with this man.

"Isn't this so much better?" he asks, opening a bottle of wine and beginning to chug it, straight out of the bottle. How sickening can this guy be?

"Yeah, I guess. At least there's fresh air." The waiter then walks out, and I have to steal a double take.

He is quite handsome, with thick, black, fluffy hair and brown eyes hidden partially by glasses. He is built quite well, muscles clearly visible through his next to see through white shirt. He's good-looking enough to be a model. What is he doing here?

"Hello, I'm Mark. I will be your waiter for-" he cuts off and looks at me. Only for a split second, to where I only noticed. "Tonight." I shift my eyes down.

"Uhm... What would you like to drink, or are you alright with just wine?" He was asking me more than he was Jason, because he had the bottle in his hands, already half way gone.

"Water would be great." I say quietly. I see Mark flash a smile to me, and my heart flickers. He's the waiter. I don't even know him. Chill.

"Yes ma'am. And you sir?"

"I'm good with wine." He takes a few more gulps.

"Alrighty, I'll be right back with your water ma'am." He walks away and my eyes follow his moves, eventually leaving us alone. I'm such a stalker. He probably thinks I'm hideous anyways.

"So baby? How you been?" he leans across the table, clearly already drunk. I try to hold back an appalled tone to my face. "You look really sexy tonight, did I tell you? I just can't wait to see you naked later." My eyes widen.

"Pardon?" I raise my voice. I flush at the fact that I was still being so polite. Jason suddenly stands up and walks around to me. I jump up and hide behind my chair. "What the fuck Jason?!"

"Baby, I know you want to be touched. A whore like you always does." he jerks his hand to grab for me, but he misses.

"What the hell Jason?!" I try to run away, but he grabs my braid and jerks me back. "Fuck. Help! Someone!"

"There's no use in yelling. No one cares about sluts like you." he pulls me up by my hair and pins me up against the wall. I feel the tears stinging my eyes at the pain, but I won't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. "Just shut up already and let me fuck you. I know you want it." His hot and smelly breath against my ear makes me shiver from fear. He attempts to unbutton my jeans with one hand and covers my mouth with the other. I try to hit him and kick him with what little power I have.

I hear a glass drop somewhere next to us, but I couldn't focus on it, for the fact of his hand around my throat, slowly choking me. I suddenly hear footsteps and the next thing I know I'm collapsed on the ground coughing and Jason is lifted off his feet. I try to ignore them and focus on getting air back into my lungs and brain.

"You fucking cunt. Don't you dare touch her like that!" says a familiar voice. "I will see to it myself that you are put in prison for life if you ever come near her again! Do you understand me?!"

"Its none of your business. You're just a waiter." The... Waiter? Mark? "Plus, she's just a whore. She-" Jason is thrown to the ground with a sickening sound.

"Call her that one more time and I'll kill you myself! I will give you five seconds to get out of here, and run as far as you can, and pray that I won't find you." Mark growls. "I will kill you. So get up. And run." Jason scrambles to his feet and takes off running without a second thought. I hear panting, and I'm not sure if it's my own or his.

Mark then runs to me and kneels down with me.

"Are you okay? I... I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner. I could've done more, I..." I look up at him and give a little smile.

"Thank you Mark. Don't apologise. There's nothing to be sorry for. Just... Thank you." There's tears in my eyes. Mark sighs.

"I know I'm 'just the waiter,' but seeing as your date has, for some reason, ran away, may I accompany you to dinner ma'am?" We both laugh at the same time.

"Yes, that would be great."

He helps me up, and we continue the night in peace.