·Misunderstandings·

'Mark! Stop it!' I cry breathlessly. 'I-I can't-' I cut myself off, giggling as he tickles relentlessly, trying to roll out of his grip.

'Never! You're mine!' He shouts, hearing his laugh right along with mine.

'Stop it! I'm gonna leave if you don't stop!'  I gasp, tears coming to my eyes from how hard I was laughing. 'I'm going to leave-' I can't manage any more thoughts, surrendering to him, but as I do, Mark suddenly stops, and I pant as he pulls away slowly, a somberness to his eyes.

'I need you Y/N. I need you. I don't think I can live without you any longer if you leave. Please stay my love. Please,' He begs, and I furrow my brows in confusion, blinking rapidly as his face starts to fade.

The next thing I hear is my own voice- gasping for air, my hands gripping onto the sheets beside me, then flinching away from the blaring sun through the curtains I forgot to shut. I groan, turning away from them as a small headache settles in. What a strange dream. I allow my eyes to adjust to the sunlight as I glance around, frowning a little.

Mark always sleeps right beside me, and I couldn't recall the last time I woke up to an empty bed, making me feel disappointed. His warmth isn't even present, which means he had to have been up for some time; unlike him. I rub my eyes sleepily as I make myself stand up, now a little worried.

I pull on Marks's jacket before I open the bedroom door, sighing in relief quietly as I hear music playing from downstairs. I immediately recognize the tune as one of my favorite songs, making me smile softly. I creep toward the stairs, hearing him sing along mindlessly, not wanting him to stop. I peer down, my heart fluttering.

Mark was standing up, almost pacing and practicing dance steps hurriedly around, making me think he was trying to surprise me with this. I carefully walk down the stairs, smiling as I watch him. Strangely enough, he looked almost sad as he paces, shaking his head like he was debating something. I make it to the bottom, and almost like he knew I would be there, taking me by the hand and bringing me into his dance, holding me almost nervously.

"M-Mark, " I giggle, but I feel my heart sink a little as Mark refuses to make eye contact with me, staring off. "H-Hey, Mark, is something wrong?" I ask over the music, lacing my fingers with his.

"Nothing is wrong. It's fine, " In an instant, I know he's lying to me, making me grunt a little.

"Then- what's all this then? It's not a special occasion or anything, " I say, turning my head. "Mark, why do I sense sadness in you?" I ask gently, blinking at him.

"W-Well, I've just been thinking about us I guess, " He answers vaguely, still not looking back at me.

"What do you mean Mark? What's the matter?"  I ask, reaching up and touching his face lovingly.

"I just- I haven't been treating you the way you should be treated. That's clear to me now. There are so many ways I could be a better lover to you and I know I'm lacking severely, " I know then that something is definitely wrong, wanting to stop dancing but not wanting to upset him further.

"Mark, I am grateful for the way you treat me. You don't need to beat yourself up over something that you're not guilty of, " I trail off, seeing tears gathering in the corners of his eyes. "Oh Mark, " I gently turn his face toward me, smiling softly even as he looks down. "You can trust me, my dear. There's no one else on earth I could ever even possibly want. You're my everything, and I love you and only you. Please, if it's something I did or am doing, please tell me so I can fix it, " I beg, now watching the tears roll down his face like a river. "Mark-"

Mark breaks down at that, latching onto me. His shoulders shake as violent, incoherent sobs rattle through him, gathering me into his arms. Mark tucks his face into my shoulder, and this is the first time in our marriage that I've ever seen him appear scared. I hold him as tight as I can, kissing his forehead.

"Please tell me what's wrong babe, " I ask in a whisper, stroking his hair.

"P-Please, " He blurts. "Don't go. Please don't leave me Y/N. I'll do anything, " Mark cries out, squeezing me.

"Mark what? I would never leave you- not for anything in this world, " I protest, shaking my head.

"Why?" He asks, moving me away by my shoulders, eyes red. "Why wouldn't you leave? I'm a sorry excuse for a man- you deserve so much better, " Mark spits bitterly, almost as if he was disgusted with himself.

"Mark- I don't want anyone else. You're not a sorry excuse for a man- you're amazing, " I start softly, reaching up and cupping his face again. "I stay with you for the same reason I married you 7 years ago. The same reason I've been with you since grade school. Because I love you and you alone Mark. And no matter what may happen, I will still love you. Unconditionally, " I hum, running my thumb over his cheek. "'Until death do us part,' remember my dear?" I ask, watching his features ease slightly.

"I-I just- I heard you. You were sleep talking. You were talking about how you were going to leave, and you asked me to stop. But- I wouldn't really blame you if you left. I've done such a bad job of keeping you happy, " Mark looks down shamefully, gulping as he releases my shoulders. Leave him? I frown, trying to figure out why I'd say that. The details of my dream were slowly but surely coming back to me, and I couldn't help but giggle a little, shifting my hands behind his head.

"Oh, Mark no. I had a dream, that's all- it's not like that, " I shake my head, Mark staring in confusion as he looks up.

"B-But-? I heard you. You were telling me you wanted to leave, " He questions, and I shake my head again with a laugh, softening my gaze.

"That wasn't all of it. I could barely breathe in my dream cause you were tickling me- I couldn't get out the full sentence of 'I'm going to leave if you don't stop tickling me,'" I explain, biting my lip with a grin. Mark shuts his mouth, looking down bashfully, going a little red. "Oh, it's alright Mark. I promise, it's okay, " I run my hands over his shoulders, pulling him a little closer. "I've been wanting to dance with you anyway, " I hum, Mark smiling a bit. "Are you in the mood for a dance, love of my life?" I ask cheesily, which I knew would make him laugh, wiping his eyes.

"I am, " He dips his head in respect as he offers me his hand which I take with a giggle, letting him properly pull me to him, glancing down as we both dance gently now, Mark flicking his eyes over my face.

"I'm sorry I accused you of such a thing Y/N. I know you better than that. I just couldn't imagine a world without my partner, " He elaborates, tightening his grip on my hand.

"It's okay Mark, I promise you. I'm sorry I worried you, " I lean in, resting my head on his chest, closing my eyes in content."As long as I have you, everything will be completely perfect, " I breathe, feeling him chuckle.

"It's already been perfect. Since the day I met you." He whispers, kissing the top of my head. "I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too."

Markiplier Imagines (Mark X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें