•Bath 2•

"No, I- I didn't really sleep much last night. Uh- no I promise I'm fine. Yes I know it was scary, but I'm used to scary things. It's kind of my job to deal with the scary stuff, " Y/N pauses, listening. "Oh- um- he was in the car. But I told him to not come in. I- I guess I felt like I could do it myself, " They hum, blinking tiredly, eyes filling with tears. "I thought I could do everything by myself, " Y/N whispers, putting their face in their hand, the other keeping the payphone to their ear. "No- I promise I'm okay. But I'm out of change so I'll speak with you soon, okay?" They smile fakely, even to themselves, nodding. "Love you too mom. Alright, bye, " Hanging up the phone, they let out an unsteady breath, shattering a little. It was just before three in the morning, Y/N knowing their mother would be awake, just needing someone to talk to.

They hadn't slept a wink last night, too sorrowful to even let themselves rest. Y/N couldn't stop their thoughts, of what Mark did and what they did to him- how they hurt him. When Mark kissed them, they didn't want to admit it, but they were terrified. They thought that maybe kissing itself is what terrified them, but then they realized: the fact they had never been kissed with a purpose before. Y/N had kissed before, they simply never physically felt the adoration, the pure, unaltered passion they felt just from Marks electrifying kiss. But now they had ruined the whole thing, sending Mark away like they hated him.

Y/N looks down, taking the telephone booths handle, shoving it open against the already piling high snow. They grunt as they push it enough to get out, gulping. They have a realization then, looking around.

"Oh no, " It had snowed a great deal, and they think it's most likely too much to drive through, scoffing.

"Lots of snow, " A voice joins in, Y/N blinking, eyes settling on a man coming toward them. Much to their disappointment, it wasn't Mark, nodding.

"Yes quite. A bit of a surprise. It was mostly sunshine yesterday, " They respond, shoving closed the phone booth door.

"Uh-huh. I hear it's supposed to snow into tomorrow night, " The man had an old sort of drawl to his voice, sounding like he came from somewhere South, a weariness to his voice. "Awfully early for someone of your age to be out. I mostly see old coots like me and you know-" He grins a little, showing a near-perfect smile, save for a missing top front tooth, Y/N thinking he looked familiar. "Ladies of the night, " He stops coming toward them. "I'm sorry- I have just understood how unsettling I must sound and look. I mean no harm, just passing conversation, " Y/N nods, smiling politely.

"It's alright sir. I wasn't unsettled. I couldn't sleep is all, and I was calling my mother in another state, " They explain, brushing the snow away from their nose.

"Ah, insomnia. It happens to the best of us, " He tucks his hands in his pockets. "Well, I won't keep you here without a coat. Have a nice morning, I hope you get some sleep soon hon."

"Thank you, sir, have a wonderful day, " They dip their head in respect, smiling at them as he passes by, beginning to whistle Come Fly With Me. Y/N chuckles, rubbing their eyes as they quickly make their way back into the hotel, pushing out a shuddered breath as they close the door behind them, finally out of the cold. They had a fire going in the room, Y/N standing by it for a moment to warm themselves. Closing their eyes, they sigh, finally feeling a little tired. They still felt horrible about what they had done to Mark, but something about that interaction out by the telephone booth made them happy, a smile easing onto their lips.

Little did they know, Mark came into the room shortly, finding them blissfully standing by the fire. The flame's shadows danced across the floor and over them both, Mark wordlessly stepping behind the corner, peeking from behind it as they turn around, warming their frontside and sticking their hands out to feel the heat. Mark smiles a little, tucking his hair back as he looks out the window. It was snowing heavily, ice frosting the glass as he watched the snowflakes come down in a blur, almost looking like rain.