Do you really? (part 2)

I see Mark standing on my doorstep, looking at me with big brown eyes from behind his glasses.

"Why are you dressed like-" he pauses. "Nevermind I already know. And I came here to stop you." I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Why the hell would you care? It's not like anyone will miss me." He shakes his head.

"No, I will. Why can't you see? You're worth the world to me!" He takes me by the shoulders. I don't bat an eye.

"What are you even saying Mark? No one cares, let alone loves me." I say, a little impatient.

"I'm saying I love you!" He tightens his grip on my shoulders, almost to where it would hurt. He swallows and loosens his grip. "I love you. Okay? You mean the world to me! And I cannot make it in this world if you are gone! Okay?! Youre beautiful to me. And you..." I feel the first tear fall. He takes a deep breath and lets it out.

"You are worth so much more than what your father tells you. I... You are loved. You are so loved." He slowly starts to lean in. "I..." I can feel his breath on my lips. He looks up at me, his eyes fierce and truthful. "I love you."

He cautiously plants his lips onto mine, as if I am a scared animal, frightened by his touch. I eventually soften my lips and let him kiss me.

I feel his warmth spread throughout my cold body. He moves his hands from my shoulders to around my waist, his fingers knotting in the ties of my dress.

I find my arms moving as of their own accord and wrap around Mark's neck. I feel his mouth form into a smile and he pulls me tighter.

Mark. Mark. Mark. I listen to his name in my head.

Mark loves me. He loves me. He loves me... His words play through my mind over and over.
'I love you.'

I tangle my fingers in his black hair. He traces his tounge along my lower lip, asking me permission. I part my lips and he explores my mouth. This is so unusual. To be kissing someone that loves me.

His fingers begin playing with the laces to my bodice. He pulls away, gasping for air.

"How...?" He says between breaths. I made another person hate me. I try to back away, but he doesn't let me go. "How the hell does it come off?" He chuckles under his breath.

"Do you really?" I whisper. He looks confused.

"Do I really what?" I stare into his eyes.

"Do you really love me Mark?" He smiles.

"With all my heart."

With all my heart.