•Learn The Meaning•

"Y/N!" A sudden banging on their door startles them, but they laugh in relief, recognizing the voice. "Time to get plastered!" Opening their front door, a few of their friends spill in, making them roll their eyes. First there was Sandra, then Anele, then Tucker, but Mark and the youngest girl who they all called Cecy stayed outside of their door politely. "C'mon, we're going out. My friend is working as an Uber tonight so he's our DD, " Anele grabs Y/N's shoulders. "We need to change you. C'mon, let's find you an outfit that'll turn heads, " Y/N giggles, looking mostly to Cecy and Mark.

"Come on in guys, my place is yours, " They call as Anele pulls them away, the two glancing at each other, Mark shrugging, gesturing her in first. Y/N hears loud banter as they let Anele pick out their outfit, glancing out of their room to everyone else. Sandra was both trying to participate in both outside their room and choosing an outfit. Tucker was looking handsome yet slightly full of himself as always, yelling at Sandra to 'pick a side.' Cecy was smiling at Sandra and Tucker, enjoying the conversation, and Mark was sort of staring off, eyes shifting down. Y/N hums to themselves, thinking he looked a little sad, taking a mental note to check on him later. They get dressed into the outfit Anele and Sandra both approved of, Anele taking it upon herself to fix Y/N's face, curling their eyelashes much to Y/N's terror. "Okay okay- I'm not meeting the queen- just going to a dark club!" They laugh, shooing her away.

"Okay- sorry- I'm just trying to make you more fuckable, " Y/N's mouth falls open, shoving Anele as she chuckles. "We're ready thots!" She cheers as Y/N grabs their belongings, putting their phone into their pocket as they look up, locking eyes with Mark, who was looking back at them already. They offer a reassuring smile, Mark laughing breathily before they both look away, rubbing the back of his neck. Eventually, they all file back out, and since Y/N's place was a block away, they walk, Y/N seeing their chance to talk to Mark. They drift back to Mark at the middle of the group, turning the same smile up to him.

"Hey, " They nudge him gently, seeing him grin.

"Hi. You look really nice, Anele did a great job, " Mark says, trying to make small talk.

"Yes, she's a good personal stylist. I'm thinking about giving her a raise, " They joke, hearing Mark chuckle, tucking his hands in his pockets. "Are you alright?" Y/N asks, Mark turning to them.

"What do you mean?" He asks, Y/N studying his eyes. There was a tiredness to his eyes, more than simple sleep deprivation.

"You just seem a little sad tonight. Different somehow, " Reaching out, Y/N places their hand on his arm gently. "What's wrong?" They ask softly, Mark gulping.

"Um, " Glancing down to their hand, he takes a breath. "Just tired and maybe a little off. But don't worry, " He lifts his hand, booping their nose. "I'm still me. I'm alright Y/N, I'm sure I just need a drink to relax, " Mark assures, making Y/N smile unsurely. They didn't quite believe him, but they shrugged it off, not wanting to push him.

"Alright, that- sounds like a plan, " Nodding, they move in a little, pressing their cheek to his arm, making him hum softly. What Y/N didn't know is that Sandra had talked to Mark alone the day before and their conversation made them both have revelations. Sandra had brought up their friend group, asking which person Mark thought was the most relationship material.

"Well- I mean- I think you're all amazing, " He said vaguely, Sandra scoffing.

"Babe, you can't lie to me. From my guess, to you, it's either Y/N or Cecy, but I'm leaning more towards Y/N, " Mark gulped, glancing away. "Exactly. I knew you have a thing for Y/N!" He waved her away but said nothing to deny it, never thinking that he 'had a thing' for anyone. Mark knew he viewed Sandra differently than Y/N, but he just chalked it up to the fact he knew Y/N longer and better.