·Darkiplier 2·

Mark's POV

"Mark! Help!" I was awoken from a deep sleep by a girl screaming for help. Who the hell is in my house?! "Mark!" Fuck that's Y/N. I throw the covers off of me and break into a full sprint to her room. I swing the door open and it hits the wall, but I see Y/N in the dim lighting, sitting up. Her chest rises and falls rapidly and I see her eyes are wide staring back at me. I switch her light on and I make it to her side. I can hear her breath now, and there are tears wetting her cheeks.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I inspect her face in the bright light. My eyes seem to focus on something behind her, and I can physically feel all the blood drain out of my face. "Y/N. You're bleeding." Her head snaps back to her pillow where the blood is. I examine her head from behind, and there's no wound or any trace of blood on her head. I furrow my brow for two reasons. One, the suspicious lack of blood, and also, the lack of Dark and his snide remarks. Dark? No answer. "Y/N?" She turns back to look at me.

"Yeah?"

"Is uhm... is Y/A/E still there? Like... can you hear her?" She pauses for a second, listening.

"No... how did you know she wasn't?"

"Dark is silent as well. They must have something to do with this. But if you're not bleeding anywhere, and nowhere hurts, then who's blood is that?" She rubs her eyes from tiredness.

"I don't know. How do you deal with not knowing what the hell is going on every day?" It might be from her sleepy state, but when she looks up at me, her eyes are almost spilling tears, and I can almost see a sort of scared look, one that doesn't know at all what they're doing; like a child's. I can feel the panic that seized my heart fade to black, and as if in a fairytale, time stops. I forget about Dark and Y/A/E and everything, except her. This support group girl that trusts me enough to fall asleep in my car, and to come to my house.

"Hold on. I'm going to get you a new pillow." I grab the bloodied pillow, put it in my laundry room and go to my room to grab her another pillow. After I replace it, I shake my head and look down.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." I swallow the lump in my throat. I see her hand go to mine.

"Hey. Stop it. It's not your fault." She says quietly. "At least we're not alone anymore." She looks at me through her eyelashes. "Thank you." I tilt my head up to look at her again.

"I didn't do anything."

"Wrong. You did everything for me." I laugh sarcastically.

"You don't have to lie." I pause and see the stubbornness in her eyes, and realize that there's no way I could convince her that I actually did nothing. "Well. Seems I won't be convincing you anytime soon. So what do ya say? Let's get some sleep shall we?" I remember that her hand is still in mine and I release it awkwardly. I turn to leave.

"Um..." I look back to her. She blushes and looks down. "I don't... I'm..." She stays quiet. "Nothing."

"No, no, it's okay. Just tell me."

"I... I'm scared..." as soon as the words leave her lips, she snaps her head up to me. "I'm sorry. I sound like a baby. I'm sorry. Forget I said anything." I almost laugh in her face from how she perceived herself.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Her eyes move away from mine.

"Well. I mean- if you... if you're okay w-with it..." I giggle.

"It's okay. If you feel scared in my house, then I should help you feel safe. It only makes sense." I hesitate. "Uh... I'll be right back." I decide to not invade her space, and instead I grab my blanket off my bed, which is now cold. I come back to the room, and sit on the small sofa that is opposite the bed. I sit down with my blanket and phone.