Twenty-Seven p3

I let a sharp breath out and look to John. He looks completely flabergasted. He looks to me, his eyes wide.

"I'll talk to her." I mouth. He nods silently. I run towards where she went. "Y/N?" I call. I stop when I hear crying. Its behind the building, with her sitting cross-legged on the wood patio. "Hey, what's wrong? What happened?" she looks up at me with red eyes. I sit down next to her. "Are you okay?"

"No I'm not okay- Mark." she pauses in between 'okay' and my name.

"What happened back there? This is your day. Why did you bail?" I unconciously move back her veil, revealing her beautiful face. She closes her eyes and swallows.

"I think I'm in love." I furrow my brow.

"Yes. But why did you leave him standing there at the altar?" I look towards the ceremony.

"Mark." I turn back to her. "I don't love John." my heart stopped. She doesn't love him?

"Y/N, what are you talking about?" she lightly laughs.

"You said earlier, that I know that I love someone when I look into there eyes and I feel home. I don't feel home with John. I feel home with you." my eyes go wide.

"I- I."

"You notice the small things about me. You called me beautiful. You talked about my personality, not just my looks. You stayed with me, even after I never once noticed that- how could I have been so blind?" she shakes her head. "I don't love John, Mark. I love you." we both laugh. "I love you, Mark. I love you!" she abruptly leans into me, placing her lips on mine. My eyes are wide open, surprised, but hers are closed. I slowly let out sigh and kiss her back. She smiles and puts her arms around my neck, pulling me hard against her. I grab her by the waist, moving her closer. I've waited so long for this. I suddenly hear footsteps and I quickly scoot away from her, slowing my breathing down.

"Guys what's going on?" one of the older women walks to where Y/N is. She stands.

"Ma'am, I hate to inform you that there will be no wedding. Please tell the rest of the guests that I will explain everything later. As for now, I will be leaving." I turn to her, not letting the woman see my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I mouth.

"Follow me." she mouths back. She jumps off of the wooden porch to the dirt, bouquet back in hand. And we both watch the white figure disappear into the forest. As soon as she's out of sight, I turn to the older woman, to find her staring right back at me.

"What is this all about?" I shrug.

"She told me that she didn't want to marry him. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go catch my best friend." I take off my blazer and put it on the porch, taking off after the runaway bride. My mind replays the events. I love you Mark. I laugh and run as fast as I can, weaving my way through the trees, looking for the girl in white. I get pretty far out into the forest before I slow to a walk. I get scared half to death as she pops out of nowhere and tackles me to the ground in a fit of laughter. "Mark!" she yells as we roll to a stop. We both laugh, and her fingers grab the fabric of my shirt and I put my arms around her waist. We both grow silent, breathing against each other, hers a minty kind of vanilla smell. I look up at her eyes and look at her closely, even though I already know each mark on her face. She has a small scar on her forehead, given to her by her father when she was a baby. She has freckles in a triangle shape on her left cheek, and more flicked across her face. She bites her lip and smiles. "Maybe we shouldn't be doing this so close to what was supposed to be my wedding." she whispers.

"Especially since people will be coming soon." I reply, but neither of us move. I look at her perfect lips and slowly back up to her perfect eyes. I cautiously slide my hand along her dress, up to her neck. I put my hand underneath her hair and veil, lightly stroking her with my thumb. I look to her lips and I lean up slowly while pulling her towards me until our lips meet in a sweet embrace. She presses down hard on me, the back of my head getting shoved back down. She moves one hand to my hair.

The kiss gets way more heated than I was expecting, and we're both sitting up, her legs wrapped around me, her hands tugging at my hair. I pull away reluctantly, leaving us gasping for air.

"We should go." she nods. She pecks my lips one last time and hesitantly gets off of me. I shut my eyes tightly and shake my head, getting up. I fix my hair to make it look like the normal floof, and pick up her bouquet. She takes it and smiles.

"Well, time to face-"

"Me." I turn my head to the voice and see John stepping out from behind a tree. He doesn't look sad or mad... What? "No I'm not mad." he states as if he could read my expression. "I always thought there was something special about you guys. I figured it out when you two were talking at the restaurant. The way you looked at her." he gestures towards me. "You loved her from the start. From then on, I too was unsure about marrying you, until all of this happened."

"I'm so sorry John. You're an amazing guy, but I found the one I love and I didn't even know it. Maybe you know your true love." She smiles at him, and he lightly chuckles.

"Yeah maybe. Well... I'm just gonna go now. I have a lot of explaining to do for the guests."

"I'm really sorry." he nods with a small smile and begins his walk back to the wedding.

She turns to me with a small smile, and eventually we both burst out laughing.

I admire her slightly crooked smile, her laugh, and I love it. I love her. I have loved her since we met in high school. And she just crashed her own wedding for me.