•Keep Your Eyes On Me 2•

"Okay, Mark. Okay. Okay okay okay-" Mark bounces around slightly, getting the jitters out. "You can do this. Even if they don't want you there. Just apologize and express your immense regret, " Mark takes a deep breath, nodding. "And pray to any gods listening that they still want to be friends, " He tightens his fist, knocking solidly on their door three times, biting his lip. The nervousness bubbles up in his throat, gulping, hearing them come to the door.

"Hi Y/N, " Mark whispers as they swing the door open, and the way he said it caught Y/N off guard. He said it like he had been holding it in, like he was holding his breath until they opened the door.

"Hey, Mark, " Instinctively, they let him in before saying anything else, closing the door behind them. They almost ask what he was doing here, but two things held them back. One was the fact they already knew the answer, and two, they realized there was a large bruise on the side of his face and eye, and scratches on his arm. "Wh-Where did these come from?" Y/N asks, staring at Marks's arm, then going back to his bruised face.

"Um, Cristal, " He says hesitantly, gulping. "The scratches are from when I ran after you, and then after you left, she came up to me and actually punched and slapped me, so, " Y/N feels their coldness melt a little, frowning. "She packs a pretty hard punch, " He aims for a joke but his voice was raw, and Y/N knew that meant he had been crying.

"I-I'm sorry, " They breathe, blinking away as they stare for a little too long.

"It's not your fault, don't be, " Mark shrugs a little, Y/N gesturing to their couch.

"Um, sorry, come in. Make yourself at home, " Y/N hums, going over first and sitting on a single chair, making Mark sit alone.

"Thank you, " He hated how awkward and casual they have become, knowing he deserved every bit of it. Mark crosses his legs, gulping again. Y/N nods to the table next to him as they pick up a glass of water beside them.

"I made you coffee, " Mark smiles, looking over.

"Oh, that's really sweet Y/N, thank you, "  He hums, taking a drink gratefully as he gazes at them. Mark gulps as he sets the mug down, tucking his hair back, exposing more of the bruise accidentally. Y/N cringes a little as there was a cut on his temple, thinking it was from one of Cristal's many rings.

"Was she really mad?" Y/N asks, making Mark look over at them.

"Oh- yeah. Um- she said me trying to make her jealous worked, but once I came after you, she shoved me and slapped and-" He pauses, shaking his head. "I didn't come here to talk about her. I came to beg for your forgiveness for how fucking horrid I treated you, " Y/N opens their mouth, but just grunts, looking down. "I-I was a jackass. I treated you like nothing more than someone to do my bidding, and I didn't fully appreciate you and how lucky I was to have someone so kind and helpful even when I was a dick. Like- like you said, you gave me so much of yourself and all I could do was demand more, " Y/N's throat tightens, trying to make their eyes stop watering. "I- ruined your prom night. I was the reason you got humiliated in front of everyone. I'm the reason you felt how you did and do. I hurt you, " Mark grits his teeth, shutting his eyes. "And I can- I will never forgive myself for that, " Y/N knows he really did care. They know he just wasn't thinking. Yes, he was an idiot for it, yes he had made many mistakes. But Mark was their best friend. They knew him better than anyone, and they knew he was genuine about his apology, watching his hands ball into fists. "But I- I know it's selfish but I feel like I can't exist without you. I get this- this gut-wrenching feeling when I think about not having you in my life. I can't-" Mark sobers up quickly, wiping his face. "I know I don't deserve forgiveness. I don't deserve anything. But- I just wanted to tell you that from the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry. I promise to never make you feel like that again. I- I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore though, " He says quietly, sniffling as he shakes his head. "Even now you're overly kind to me. Making me coffee and letting me talk. I long to be as good as you, " He chuckles sadly, biting his lip. Y/N could tell he felt unsure now, wondering what to do next. Before he could think too hard about it, Y/N stands slowly, sighing as they make their way to the couch he was on, sitting down next to him. They weren't sure what to do either, sniffling a little as they wipe their eyes. After all, the last few things that happened between them were dramatic and big, from the kiss to the fight until now. Y/N looks over to him after a long pause, smiling almost sadly but full of understanding.