•So This Is Love•

‼️Major TW y'all.‼️
‼️‼️‼️TW:Death‼️‼️‼️
‼️‼️‼️‼️Please do not read if this upsets you. If it doesn't: I'm sorry for this chapter.‼️‼️‼️‼️

~

"Y/N?" Mark calls out, grabbing their attention. "Is- everything okay?" He hesitates, stopping them both from their path, looking over at them. "I just- you seem distant lately, " Mark says, turning his head.

"I'm fine Mark, " They state vaguely, glancing away nervously.

"I- please, " Mark begs out of the blue, Y/N snapping their eyes back to his. "It hurts. It hurts because I know you're lying to me, " He whispers, Y/N watching him gulp. "This- s-something is horribly wrong- I feel it. Please- I cannot go any longer without knowing what is on your mind, " They could feel his hand shake in their own, and that's how they know it's time. Y/N feels their mouth go dry, their heart beginning to race.

"Mark, " They breathe, proving all of Marks's thoughts to be correct with that one utterance, something changing in his eyes. So this is it then.

"Y/N, " He says softly, shaking his head. "Please don't, " Y/N cringes, looking away. "Just-"

"Mark please. This- it's already hard enough, " They hiccup, closing their eyes for a moment. "Mark- I- I hate the way I'm hurting you right now. I keep trying and trying to be with you and prove to us that I am capable of continuously loving someone but I-" Y/N swallows hard, blinking the tears away. "I feel like I have nothing left to give. I-I can't- in the best way possible, I've been giving you everything. But I- I think I don't know how to have a healthy give and take anymore. I-I'm like a cup. And I just kept pouring into you until I was empty- even though you are doing the same with me, I feel like I need to fill myself back up again, " Their voice grows weak, staring at the ground now, feeling the life go out of them. "And I-the last thing I ever want is to hurt you. But I know I'm hurting you right now, " Mark just sits there for a moment in surprise, scratching his head, wondering where he went wrong. Didn't I love them enough? Didn't I treat them better than most would at least? Is it my fault? What did I do so badly to make them this way? "Mark- please say something, " They whisper, lacing their own fingers together. Mark rubs his face tiredly, staring off.

"I'm not- give me a second, " He puts his head in his hands, Y/N closing their eyes and crying, biting their lip to be quiet. "Can I- just ask you one thing?" Mark mutters, keeping his head down.

"Anything, " They hiccup, nodding as they wipe their face.

"Was it my fault?" He asks in a small voice, shedding light on the fact that he himself felt small, Y/N clenching their teeth.

"No Mark it wasn't and isn't your fault. I- I care for you so deeply I just-" Y/N cries out a little, sniffling. "This is all my fault Mark. I'm the one who isn't enough- the one so fucked up right now that I can't even love properly- please don't blame yourself, " They beg, taking a gasp of air.

"Don't ever say that again, " Mark suddenly springs up and to them, grabbing them into a tight hug, desperately clenching their shirt. "Don't you fucking ever say you're not enough. There's a difference between not being the person you'd like to be and that- because you are enough Y/N. You always have been and you always will be, " Y/N wraps their arms around him as well, sobbing softly. "I-I love you, " Mark breathes, squeezing them hard. "I-I want to at least say that once more. I'm sorry. But this isn't your fault either, you know that right? It's just- our timing is off. We collided at the wrong time."

"I- Mark I'm not- I'm not-" They stutter, letting out a breath as they move their head to take in fresh air, shaking their head. "I'm not saying this is the end of our story okay? Just- right now- yes- the timing is wrong. I need- I need time to heal and grow without using you as I have been, " Y/N explains, sniffling. "I don't want you to be the distraction anymore. I just need myself for a while, " They sob, cringing. "I'm so sorry, " Y/N fists their fingers into the fabric of his jacket, clenching their teeth again.