nineteen ; my choice, don't stop me

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Do I have a choice?"

"Of course you do, love." Melody contemplated for a moment before she remembered her decision and then nodded, gesturing to the seat. Klaus smiled slightly and then slid into the seat in front of her. Up close — she couldn't deny — he was an attractive guy. "Did you receive my gift?"

Melody began to tap her fingers on the table, stopping to mess with the ring on her finger that Regina had gotten her years ago. "Yes." He raised an eyebrow by the way she said it. "And I've decided to give you one chance." Before he could say anything, she cut him off. "However, you have to tell me the truth. All of it."

"And I will, you have my word. But as you know, I'm breaking my curse tonight. After that, I plan on leaving town. I want you to come with me."

She was extremely tempted. But what would everyone else think of her? Stefan? Caroline? Damon? Her family? If Klaus was lying and just wanted to kill her, her family would be worried. Melody looked over at Matt who was washing down a table before looking back over at Klaus. He watched her every move which made her feel uncomfortable.  "That's when you'll show me the world?"

Klaus had glanced over at Matt with a twitch of anger before he looked back at her and replied, "Yes. But I need you to trust me."

Melody scoffed and shook her head in disbelief. "Sorry Klaus, but it doesn't work that way. You have to earn my trust. I'm not just going to hand it to you a pretty little package."

He smirked. "Yes, my apologies. Well, I'll leave you to your lunch. See you soon, love." Klaus got up and then kissed her hand that had now rested on top of the table. The smile on his face turned serious. "I don't want you near the sacrifice. You may not trust me, but considering this a step toward me earning your trust."

Even if she didn't want to, Melody told him she'd stay away. In response, he smiled once more and then told her goodbye. The fairytale woman simply watched him until he left the Grill. A breath she didn't know she was holding released itself and she laid back in the booth.

Matt approached her with a concerned look. "Hey, you okay Melody?"

She looked over at him and fixed her hair, nodding. "Um, yeah of course." He asked her if she was ready to order. "Yes! I'm starving."

While Melody ate, she could not for the life of her get Klaus out of her head. But, not every love story was easy — if that was what you even called it. And Melody was not ready to let him in just yet. In her mind, Klaus was the knight in shining armor. In reality, he was an Original vampire — well — the Original hybrid that didn't care who he has to kill to get what he wants.

Then begged the question: why was she intrigued by him?

———

"You did what?!" Regina screamed through the phone.

Melody winced. She had gone back to the Boarding House, found no one there, and went straight up into her room. Of course, knowing that she had nearly the entire day and night to herself, Melody had called her family, filling them in on the day's events.

"I said I was going to give him a chance. Why is that such a bad thing?" she questioned.

There were several yells and many of them were threatening that they were coming to Mystic Falls to take her back home. Melody was fed up at that point. Her entire family didn't believe that she could take care of herself or even make her own choices. This was her choice. Klaus was the villain of this story. So what? It was like they forgot that some of them were titled "villains" themselves.

"Melody, you come back home right now!" Pan demanded.

That's when she interrupted. "Are you serious right now? This my life, my choice. Not any of yours. I'm old enough to make my own choices and decided what's right and what's wrong. You guys are saying that Klaus is the bad guy? Well, newsflash! Mom, you were a villain, dad, you were a villain, even you Killian, you were a villain. Stop being such hypocrites! I'm not budging. And don't think about calling me back."

She ended the call and then sighed. Hours had passed and night fell. Every call she got, she declined. And they were all from her family, except for the last one. Unknown number popped up on the screen. Melody reached over and grabbed it, answering it. "Hello?"

"The sacrifice is about to happen. I'll come and get you after," Klaus replied.

Melody picked at the sheets she lied on. "They'll find out you know, Stefan and them. No doubt they'll hate me."

He sighed on the other line. "I hate to tell you this, but they probably will. I know what you said, about doing things for other people all the time and doing nothing for yourself. This is one of those times. Don't change your mind because other people tell you to. You don't always have to make others happy."

The speech surprised her and she was stunned for a moment. Never did Melody think Klaus could be so sincere. "I know. Which is why I made the deal with you. Just..."

"Just what?"

"Nothing. Goodbye, Klaus."

"Goodbye, Melody." Both of them hung up and Melody sat up, bring her knees to her chest. Life was difficult. And her life was no exception. She thought that once her family was together again, everything would be normal. But her life wasn't meant to be normal. Ever since she was born with her curse, her life wasn't meant to be an ordinary white-picket-fence life.

Melody didn't even realize how long she had sat there, just thinking. The full moon was high in the sky when she came to. She sighed and got up, wrapping a blanket around her. It was dark outside when she walked onto the porch, though she could see to the tree-line behind the Boarding House.

Bright golden eyes peeked out from behind one of the trees and she jumped back in shock. The wolf blended in with the night so it was barely visible. It walked toward her cautiously and Melody was ready to fight when she stopped.

"Klaus?" she whispered.

The wolf stopped a few yards from her. He bowed his head down, signaling that it was him. Miraculously, he seemed to be in complete control. Normally, it was the opposite. Melody didn't move closer to him and he didn't move closer to her. Klaus peered at her through his midnight fur.

"You better go before they get back." He whimpered and took a step toward her. "Go, Klaus!"

Klaus took another moment to look at her and then turned around, running back into the forest. Once he left, a person flashed out of the woods and to her. It was Elijah. He gave her a smile, to which she smiled back. And then in a flash, he was gone as well.

Alone again, Melody went back into the house and to her room. She lied down and turned to the side. It was dead quiet and she hated it. But in her mind, she knew that once Klaus became human again, he'd come for her and then they'd leave town.

Surprisingly, she felt excited. This was her chance to see the world and explore it. Even if Klaus would be her "guide", she couldn't imagine anyone else showing her what the world had to offer.

———

Short chapter! But I couldn't really find anywhere to put Melody in the sacrifice portion, plus Klaus would want her to stay away to keep her safe. The next chapter is the last chapter of the first part of this book! :) Thoughts on Melody and Klaus so far? I hope you guys have a great day/night and don't forget to vote on this chapter, comment your thoughts, and follow me for updates!

 The next chapter is the last chapter of the first part of this book! :) Thoughts on Melody and Klaus so far? I hope you guys have a great day/night and don't forget to vote on this chapter, comment your thoughts, and follow me for updates!

( credit : @pepperronys )