Chapter 8

I exit my last class and look for Annie.

After spotting her, I walk quickly to Annie, making sure not many people are around. "You ready?" Annie ask.

"Actually, I have to stay back and help with prom stuff," I mumble, avoiding eye contact.

Annie giggles while shaking her head, "Navi, you don't have to lie. But don't worry, I'll cover for you."

I raise a brow "Wha-"

"Did you forget my best friend is on the prom committee, they aren't doing anything today." She smiles at me.

I make an 'o' with my mouth as she giggles. "Don't worry. I will tell them you had to go shopping for the decorations we need last minute. Though prom is Saturday, I don't know what excuse you are going to use after."

I shrug, "Something will come up, or I can join the debate team, they always have practice and are traveling."

Annie nods. "True, will you need a ride home wherever it is you are sneaking off to?"

I shake my head, no.

Suddenly Annie smiles widely at me, causing me to raise my eyebrows. "What?"

"I'm happy to see you are actually living, making friends, it's refreshing." I don't reply, having nothing to say as Annie then quickly hugs me, and we say our goodbyes as we walk off.

"Who was that." I jump and turn to see Daniel.

"That is my older sister Annie," I reply to which he raises an eyebrow.

"Aren't you a senior?" I sigh, not really wanting to explain.

"Yeah, her birthday is late in the year, so she had to start a year behind."

He nods as he takes my arm. "Well, let's go."

I climb in his truck, and we take off.

We arrive at the same castle the royal ball was held.

"What are we doing here," I ask nervously.

"Well I live here, you'll be getting dressed here, the dinner isn't here, it's at Dons." I nod my head as I examine the castle. "Don't worry; Bain won't be here till later." I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding at his words.

He parks the truck, and I get out, we head in, and Frazier meets me. "Ah, my beautiful canvas!" Frazier engulfs me in a hug, making me giggle.

"Let's go; we must hurry!" Frazier drags me down the hall and into a room with a bunch of mirrors. He hands me a bag and pushes me into the nearest changing booth. "Hurry, hurry." He commands.

I took my clothes off and put the gorgeous simple black dress on.

I admire how it hugs my curves

I admire how it hugs my curves. Smiling at myself, I walk out. Frazier smiles in approval and hurries me to sit down. He does my makeup, a glittery dark smokey eye with nude lipstick. He puts my hair in a high ponytail and curls the ends of my hair.