Chapter 7

I look at my dad and ease out a lie. "Prom is soon, and I was helping with decorations."

"In a dress and until 3 in the morning?" My dad questions, not believing me.

"The dress is for props, most of the mannequins are my size, so I'm with props. "It wasn't a complete lie I have been helping. I just didn't exactly attend this one, but luckily the people liked my help so they would cover for me. "And we lost track of time, I am sorry."

My dad opens his mouth "Daddy don't get on to her, the dance needs to be perfect, her losing a bit of sleep won't hurt anyone," Iris smiles then turns and heads upstairs with everyone else. My dad sends me one last glance before going back up the stairs.

I sigh and head upstairs as well to my room. I take a shower and cleanse my make up off and head to bed.

***

I wake up and groan. Ugh, it's Tuesday. I don't want to go to school.

The only good thing is I get to see Bain.

I quickly get out of bed and walk to my bathroom and take a quick shower. I get out and towel dry my hair a little. I run my fingers through it a few times to give it a wavy messy look. I quickly put my contacts in before grabbing some clothes. I put on a purple sweater and ripped blue jeans. I immediately brush my teeth and put on my converses.

I walk down the stairs to see Annie already at the door. She smiles at me, and we walk out of the door. We silently go to the car and take off towards school.

I walk in and run straight into a smiling Daniel.

"What do you want," I ask.

"I can't come to my best friend's school and say, hey?" He states defensively.

I raise a brow at him.

"Alright, alright. I was going to tell you I am picking you up after school. We have a dinner to attend." He states.

I tilt my head to the side. "And I'm going because?" I ask.

"Well, I mean, you are the future Queen." I shoot him a glare.

"Sorry." He states.

I roll my eyes, "Fine, I'll come, but only because it's a dinner."

He claps his hands together. "Great, I'll text Fraiser to get your dress ready."

I roll my eyes and walk past him as he takes his phone out. "Bye." He calls.

"Bye!" I call back.

"Why are you talking to Beta Daniel." I jump and turn to see Iris glaring at me.

"Uh well, they have narrowed it down to our school and another school. Bain is going to be at our prom to see if he can find his mate." I lie as Iris eyes me cautiously.

Iris then gives a pity look, "And they have to talk to you." She sneers.

I nod as I adjust the books in my hand. "Yea-yeah. Everyone else is busy, and not a lot of people are supposed to know. So-so they told me."

Iris laughs, "Who knew your loser self could come in handy!" Iris flips her hair as she pushes her way by me, causing me to stumble.

I sigh and walk to my first class.

I know what your thinking. Shouldn't Iris be in college? Yeah, she didn't make a high score on her ACT, so she worked a deal, and is taking college classes at the high school, only two of her college classes are actually at the college.

Basically, she threw a fit and got her way.

**

I yawn as I walk in my history class. Luckily for me, history was my favorite.

I sit down and look to see Mrs. Smith writing on the board. "As you all know, today is Queen Zerro day." She turns and smiles at us.

Mrs. Smith is a teacher everyone wanted; she is kind and gentle and very passionate about what she does. She looks like a fairy, but she is a two power human. She can manipulate air and can see into the past, hence a history teacher.

Her green eyes catch mine, "Navi, I know this is one of your favorite history subjects correct."

I nod as she smiles.

"What's so great about her anyway." A guy in the back, I believe his name is David, groans.

Mrs smith smiles at David. "Lots of things actually, Zerro changed history. Opened our eyes to a new species, new ideas, new laws to make it better for us and safer for the royal family. "

"Isn't this when the Royal wolves howl all night for the rest of the month," Ashley asks two rows beside me.

Mrs. Smith nods with a smile, "Yes, Ashley; indeed, in honor of a Queen who never got to be. You all know the story of her, you learn it every year. So today, we are going to focus on what happened after her."

She opens a history book as she says, "Now open your history books to chapter 12."

I take my history book as does everyone else and turn to the page. I sigh as I see the beautiful Zerro. She is right at the beginning of the chapter with her son Atticus in her lap.

"After Zerro, the council was ripped apart and put back together; they were smaller. We brought fairies over to see into their minds to make sure they were not against the royal family; We became more strict with food preparations for the royals, who prepared the food. Thanks to Zerro, our eyes were opened, and we learned from them so history wouldn't repeat itself. " Mrs. Smith smiles as she looks over her students, for once they actually were interested.

"Didn't she also prevent a war?" David surprisingly asks.

Mrs. Smith's eyes brighten, "Why yes David, in fact, she stopped world war, simply by exposing the councilmen against the royal family."

"But, it's so tragic for King Kyan," Ashley comments as she leans her head on her hands.

Mrs. Smith nods in agreement as she walks around the front of the class. "Yes- yes, it is. But sometimes sacrifices are made for the greater good."

"Well, that's not fair." Ethan, David's friend, sighs.

"For real, Zerro was a great person; what happened to her was terrible." Liz, Ethan's mate, complains as she grips on the sides of her desk, her frustration evident.

"Class do you forget, Zerro was different, and people don't always take to fondly to different. So many people were blinded by what Zerro was and didn't care to figure out who Zerro was." Mrs. Smith states as she sits on the edge of her desk.

"Well, that's not fair." David states, and the class agrees.

Mrs. Smith smiles at him. "Life is unfair, David, especially for some of us."

She pauses before tilting her head and continuing, " Are you telling me you have never been blinded by what someone was and learned who they were before you judged them, or bullied them."

No one says a word, as most people glance at me. I see a guilty look go by Ashley's face.

"Alright class, I want you to read the chapter of all the changes and answer the five questions in the back, that'll be your homework, it'll be due first thing when you walk in tomorrow." Mrs. Smith says as she sits behind her desk and starts typing on her computer.

I flip to the end of the chapter, already knowing the answers, I finish the homework by the end of the class.

The bell rings, and I gather my things and head to my next class.

**

Edited

Anyway thank you for reading
Comment and vote!