fourteen ; the dinner disaster

Start from the beginning

Melody laughed humorlessly. She couldn't believe the girl in front of her; she couldn't believe what she was saying. Did Jules honestly think that Melody was falling for what she was saying? "Oh really, is that what you thought when you kidnapped me and my friend."

Jules shook her head, holding the shotgun with one hand. She held her hands up in a surrender motion. "We just want the moonstone. Then we'll be on our way."

"You looking for this?" someone spoke up. They all turned to see Elijah standing behind them, twirling the moonstone in his hand. He set the moonstone down on the table and backed away, gesturing toward it. "Go ahead. Take it."

Melody knew what his plan was and smirked, not moving to stop the werewolves as one of them sped toward the moonstone. Elijah was quick and swiftly ripped his heart out. The wolf fell dead and the two other wolves rushed over, receiving the same fate. Damon looked impressed. Jules then looked around at them before speeding out of the house.

Elijah looked at the two and Damon got up from the floor. "So you realize this is the third time I've saved your life now?"

The brunette nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Don't remind us."

———

The rest of the day passed and the next day arrived quickly. Much had happened after Elijah saved them. It turned out that Tyler left town with Jules, leaving an upset Carol Lockwood according to Damon. Stefan and Elena were attacked by another one of Jules's wolf friends, though Stefan killed him. And with the wolves no longer being a problem, Damon had said it was time to move on with the plan to kill Elijah.

Damon made a small meeting with Melody, Alaric, and Andie at the Grill later that day. So the four sat and ate while they talked. Alaric had told them about Elijah and his meetings with Jenna.

"Besides the boring speech about the history of Mystic Falls, did Elijah say anything important?" Melody asked, grabbing another french fry.

Alaric shook his head. "No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming."

Melody smirked and so did Damon. The vampire teased, "You sounded jealous." He looked at the two females "Sound a bit jealous?"

The fairytale woman nodded. "Yep."

Andie agreed, adding, "Kinda do."

The history teacher looked over at the news reporter. Both he and Melody didn't like her being around. It was like an outsider joining a group that they weren't invited into. And it was just plain gross to see Damon all "lovey dovey" with her.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Alaric suggested.

Damon knew what he was implying. "Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?"

Andie nodded and then they kissed. Melody and Alaric both cringed with disgust. Sure, Melody knew that Damon just had the news girl around to cover that fact that he missed Rose, but that didn't mean she liked Andie. She was in a way a rebound, even though Rose and Damon weren't labeled as a thing.

"This is too weird."

The brunette next to him nodded. "My eyes can't handle this." Before Damon could say something in reply, Elijah and Jenna entered the Grill. They were talking and Jenna was smiling. Melody sipped her drink like she was watching a drama tv show. She turned around to look at them and smiled. "Jenna!"

Elijah and Jenna saw her and walked over. Jenna greeted them. "Hey, guys."

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon revealed.