eleven ; the greatest

Start from the beginning

There was a brief pause as Rose tried to listen. She didn't hear anything so she shook her head and looked over at the two. "He's not home. Sorry."

"I hate to say it but we didn't come all the way out here for nothing," Melody pointed out. "And I did not just spend precious minutes of my day with this backstabber." She jabbed a thumb towards Elena who seemed annoyed.

Rose sighed and then took a step back. She used her strength to push it open, the door swinging wide to let them in. Elena and Melody looked inside and Rose gestured inside. "After you, Miss."

Melody walked in first with Elena trailing behind her, Rose behind then. They stopped near the entrance and Rose ventured farther as she looked for Slater. "Slater?"

Rose moved to the back of the apartment. Melody felt her magic start to burn in her veins. Elena looked around from where she stood and the fairytale woman called out to the vampire. "Be careful, Rose. Something's wrong."

The vampire didn't hear her and she stopped dead in her tracks. She went wide-eyed and her face fell in shock. "You can say that again."

Elena and Melody heard the tone of her voice and ran over to see Slater's body on the floor with a stake protruding from his chest. The older brunette sighed, her shoulders deflating. "Well, it looks like he won't be any help."

Rose walked over to Slater's body and dragged it away while Melody and Elena went over to his computer desk. Papers were scattered and Melody combed through it. "I guess his information got him killed."

Elena didn't say anything and Rose walked over to them. "Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass."

Melody made hmm sound while Elena began to comb through the papers as well. Rose went over to a set of windows and pulled back the curtain. Melody had already guessed that it was protective glass but Elena didn't know that.

"What are you...?" the doppelganger trailed off.

"Tempered glass. U.V. rays can't penetrate." She looked out the window. "I used to just come here and watch the day."

Melody found a picture frame with a picture of Slater and a girl. She sighed and looked up at Rose who was still gazing out the window. "I'm sorry about Slater. I know that he was a close friend of yours."

Rose looked at her and smiled. "Thank you." Elena refrained from rolling her eyes but knew if she did and got caught, Melody would kill her for sure. "Any luck?"

She set the photo down. Elena went over to one of the computers and tried to log in but the password was incorrect. "Um...It's password protected. I can't get in."

"No, this is fine. Let's just go."

The fairytale woman near her nodded and the two made a move to leave but then a doorknob rattled which made them look over. Rose looked back at them. "Stay here." She walked away from them and peered into a small hallway where a girl hid in the corner. "Alice?"

"Rose!" the girl exclaimed, sobbing. She rushed to Rose and embraced her. "He's dead!"

———

Melody had just finished putting the hot water into the cups when Rose walked in. Elena was standing nearby as she watched the fellow female. The doppelganger was still just waiting for her to kill her.

"She found him a few minutes before we did," Rose told them.

"How is she?" Melody asked.

"Overreacting. Big time."