ten ; roses for an angel

Start from the beginning

"Who is he?" Elena asked.

"He's one of the Originals, he's a legend," Damon told her.

Melody sighed with a slight scoff. "I don't think he is personally but whatever, you do you."

Damon gave her a look. Though Melody did hate lies and secrets, she didn't mind that she was keeping one from him. Even though they decided to trust each other, after yesterday, things were different. After all, she knew for a fact that Damon would gladly trade her for Elena any day. But Stefan? Melody knew he wouldn't. And Elena? She wouldn't ever do something for her or treat her the same after what she did.

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan added.

"Like Elijah?" Elena asked.

"No," Rose denied. "Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

Damon rolled his eyes in disbelief while Melody sat looking bored. "He didn't seem very Easter bunny like when he chopped off Trevor's head. But basically, Klaus is the oldest vampire."

Elena pointed at them. "Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after me?"

"Yes," Rose said at the same time Stefan said "No" and at the same time Melody said "It's not all about you, honey. In a way, yes. Better start packing your bags. Bye now." She waved with a sarcastic smile.

Rose smiled at her and she smiled back. Damon spoke up. "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true—"

"Which it is," Rose backed up.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you."

"Which I'm not."

Damon shrugged. "Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

Elena looked worried and Melody honestly tried to fight a smirk. The doppelganger really couldn't take care of herself. So when the time came, Melody knew for a fact, that she would be screwed. True, she might care about her family and friends, but Elena — in the end — would be lost without everyone trying to protect her. And the brunette for one didn't count herself a part of the "Save Elena Gang" anymore.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right?" Stefan pointed out once he saw Elena's face. Melody forced down a laugh. "So no one else even knows that you exist."

"Not that we know of," Melody interjected.

Damon looked over at her. "That's not helping."

"Who said I was trying to help? I'm trying to get it so she just dies from fear and then we don't even have to worry about her anymore! Problem solved, lives are saved."

The oldest Salvatore brother didn't like her response and simply just gave her a look and then looked at Stefan who went over to Elena and sat next to her. He looked at the three in front of him with a thoughtful look.

"Look, I've never even met anyone who's laid eyes on him." Melody sighed, knowing he was right. But at the same time, she knew that Rose wouldn't just make it up. "I mean, we're talking centuries of truth mixed with fiction." He looked at Elena who was watching him, still looking concerned. Whether it be for herself or others Melody didn't know. "We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of stupid bedtime story."

"He's real and he doesn't give up," Rose insisted. "If he wants something, he gets it." Melody felt a shiver run down her spine and she prayed no one noticed; they didn't. Her eyebrows furrowed because of the way she reacted to Rose's statement. It didn't make her afraid as to what Klaus could do. It made her curious. For some odd reason, Melody was not afraid of Klaus. "If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot."