Jasmine

Keith laughed, "Dude, you need to get yourself a girlfriend."

"Eh," I shrugged.

"I'm serious though. You always complain about school, all you do is play games on your computer—"

"So do you!"

"It's different."

"How? How is it any different?"

"Look, it really doesn't matter. All I'm trying to say is that having someone else, other than me, could do you some good."

"Right, cause you have Sarah, and she brings what to the table that I don't?"

"One of the best feelings in the world,"

"Right."

"this one feeling you can't get enough of."

"Yeah yeah," I rolled my eyes, "and why would I need someone else?"

He shrugged, "In case I'm not around anymore."

"Why wouldn't you be? Are you moving?"

"No, no. But y'know, I'm just saying." He waved as we parted ways.

~ The next day a few minutes before first period ~

I ran to my locker and quickly got undressed; I was late for class. I knew that I'd probably never make it on time but it was worth trying. I wasn't up for getting more hours of detention, I already had enough for not doing my homework. I rushed down the hallway and turned a corner when all of the sudden I bumped straight into one of my classmates. She was called Jasmine, Jasmine Pearson. She tripped sideways landing right on her stomach, dropping all of her books. I ignored her and reached for the door that led to a staircase when something made me stop. For how she'd treated me in the past, I thought she deserved it, but something in my heart wouldn't just let me leave her like that. I turned heels and the expression on her face made me feel even worse. She broke into tears.

I helped her pick up the books she had dropped. "I'm sorry." The bell rang, we were officially late. "Are you hurt?" I asked, lowering myself to her level of eyesight.

Her eyes met with mine, "...No."

"I can tell the principle that you were late because of me," I told her.

"That's sweet," she smiled, wiping the tears off of her red cheeks, "but you don't have to, really."

I offered her my hand and she took it. Up on her feet, she grabbed her bag and started walking. "Come on, let's go."

Bossy.

I caught up to her. "Ever been in detention?" I asked.

"No. Model student," she smiled from the corner of her mouth. "You?"

"Yeah, more than once."

"Rebel?" She glanced at me, giggling.

"Lazy."

We got to the principal's door and knocked. He told us to come in and he gave us both detention as soon as we told him we were late. Arguing wasn't an option, he didn't care. He looked up at both of us from his desk, "When?" Jasmine turned her head to me as if she needed me to answer first.

"Uhm, Thursday."

"Thursday for me as well," she quickly replied.

"Alright. Now off to your classes."

As the days went by, Jasmine and I never really talked. She would occasionally smile at me while we walked past each other in the hallway, but other than that, we wouldn't communicate. That, of course, until Thursday after detention.

Jasmine approached, "Hi," she smiled.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Boring." She started walking, I followed. "Wanna hang out?"

She sort of caught me by surprise, "Uh, yeah sure."

We walked and talked about whatever. We soon found some empty abandoned staircase no one ever used. We settled somewhere and continued our conversation. Somehow, we just bonded. She was interested in me and I was interested in her.

"I like you, you're chill," she told me.

"I'm honestly surprised. I tried texting you once, but you were a total bitch to me."

"Yeah, sorry about that, I was probably in a bad mood. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, maybe you noticed."

I did.

"I like you too, by the way."

Her head turned to me when I said that. She gently smiled, got closer, and leaned in for a kiss. I leaned in as well. Our lips barely touched when someone opened the door to the staircase. Jasmine pulled back, thinking it was a teacher. No, it was Keith.

"Adrian?"

"Keith? What are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"I was looking for Jasmine," he told me.

"You two know each other?"

"Yeah, we met some time ago." She looked at Keith as if she was trying to conceal some sort of secret, he seemed to play along. "We're computer buddies, we both enjoy coding and such," she added.

I nodded slowly, something was fishy. Keith quickly changed the subject.

"I'm sorry for disrupting whatever was going on here," Keith winked at me, Jasmine blushed. "Message me later Jasmine, we need to talk about something." Jasmine nodded. "I'll leave you two to it then, see ya lads!"

Jasmine and I went silent for a second. We both weren't sure how to pick the conversation back up. I could tell she was thinking about what Keith needed to tell her. I knew that their friendship wasn't anything beyond the two being just friends. After all, Keith had Sarah and he would absolutely never cheat on her. But the way Keith was talking to her, it felt like they were coworkers or something. I wasn't up for asking questions on the matter, though.

"So, can we pick up where we left off?" I dared to ask.

She blushed and seemed uncomfortable because Keith's entrance had totally ruined the mood. Her beautiful sky blue eyes met with mine once again as I leaned in. I had my hands around her waist and hers were gently caressing my hair. Forehead to forehead, the sexual tension between us was growing. With a gentle pressure, our lips met.