Akin'

//Media: An Akin' in it's full visible form//

Akins are ruthless creatures, they feed off of people while they're asleep. They pray on the weak and love the taste of fresh and grown souls. Once one has caught you, getting it off of you is a real problem. It isn't invincible, but it feeds of off people so stealthily that people usually don't even know that Akins have grabbed on to them.

The more an Akin' is fed, the more it has power, the more it is easy for it to feed on others. Very few Akins have gone to the extent of becoming extremely powerful. And those who do detain such power haven't been caught by the AEO (Akin Extermination Organization). Although ususally when an Akin becomes this powerful, it goes into another realm and usually never comes back.

The AEO has put out a list of symptoms related to Akin possession:

Week One: No symptoms.

Week Two: Dizziness and insomnia.

Week Three: Weight is highly reduced.

Week Four: Extreme hunger + (Symptoms of Week Two and Three).

Week Five: 95% chance of death and a 5% chance of survival (but it includes all of the damage the Akin has done to one in the previous weeks).

Akin hunters are highly skilled. To become one, you have to spend five years in training. The first year is spent abroad, in Thailand or Myanmar, where pre-hunters study and practice buddhism. Why? Because in order to fight an Akin, you need to have a strong and stable mind. Buddhism helps a lot with exercising the mind.

The second year is spent in Iceland and then in India, where they train their bodies to survive burning heat and freezing temperatures. The third year is used to train the hunters's bodies to become stronger. They do lots of physical exercises and they train as intensively as the army. During the fourth year they actually learn all about Akins. They learn about where they're from, what they do and how to counter them. Finally, on the last year of their training, they experience real life situations with Akins. They go on cases and get experience with fully trained hunters.

One of the most known Akin hunter is Kyle Hunter. He created the association and knows the most about them. He ultimately discovered Akins because he entered their realm. The public was later informed by Kyle that the government themselves had opened the gate to their dimension. The government was overthrown and a new leader was born.

That leader is Adrian Rhodes. He was an infamous criminal who, surprisingly, helped save the world. He was unanimously elected since he was one of the wisest. His ability to lead is beyond. You could throw him to wolves and he would come back leading the pack.

The AEO recruits a few thousand men every year from around the country. Only half usually get accepted and about a fifth of them die soon after they get their jobs. Something most people should know is that Hunters are highly targeted by Akins. That's why they train so hard, because Akins are even more ruthless towards those who are trained to kill them. Very few is known about the Akin society. We don't know if they all live somewhere together, if there's a leader or even if they use any sort of communication.

//Inspired by 'Le Horla' and 'Kindred, The Eternal Hunters'//