Legends Never Die

Shen knew he wasn't allowed to do such a thing. When you're a god, you still need to follow a certain set of rules. What he was requested to do was forbidden, but Shen still hesitated. There was something about him, something about the requester that he could see in himself. It almost felt as if he was watching himself living some other life. If Shen had been given a second chance, he thought that Suke deserved one too. Everyone deserved the opportunity to get a second chance. It was only a matter of if he was ready to break one of the laws of the gods.

Earlier - NightFall - City of Ryze

"Suke!"

"What's going on?" He asked.

"It's Utah, he's hurt," answered Dekarr, "You need to get here quick."

"Is Liraa around, can't she heal him?" Said Suke, accelerating the speed at which he was running.

"She doesn't have enough energy to do so."

"Jesus christ, you guys need to learn how to manage it!"

"It doesn't matter Suke, we're losing him! Get here, quick!" Yelled out Dekarr through his mic.

"I know! I'm going as fast as I can!"

"Go faster! Shadow step or something!"

"Can't, no Shen energy," mumbled out Suke.

"Tsk. Talk about managing your Shen," replied Dekarr. "Get out of your suit and head East. You'll gain some speed," he suggested.

"Good idea, I'll see ya there."

At the press of a button, Suke jumped out of his Nemean Suit and took off. He was way lighter, and now going twice his previous speed. The heaviness of the rain slowed him down by a bit, it was pouring outside. The ground was slightly slippery as well, but that didn't stop Suke from reaching his destination. At the simple thought of losing his bestfriend, a burst of adrenaline spread throughout his whole body. His speed increased, he was determined to get there in time.

After running a few miles, Suke spotted Utah on the ground and ran up to him. He kneeled down and caught a sight of his injury.

"Shit, shit, this is bad," Suke whispered to himself.

Utah had been slashed with a very sharp weapon and had a huge gash across his whole stomach.

"We need to get him to a hospital! Now! We'll lose him if we don't!" Ordered Suke to the others.

Utah let out a few words, "I won't make it, Suke, I'm sorry. It's over for me."

Suke's heart skipped a beat, "No no no Utah, it'll be fine, stay with me now."

"You've been a great bestfriend," said Utah, coughing some blood, "I'll see you in another life, Suke..."

Utah's eyes closed and his body limped, lifeless.

Time stopped for Suke. He wasn't ready to accept Utah's fate. He didn't want to accept it. It was too tragic, things weren't supposed to end this way. Tears slowly ran down Suke's cheeks, hidden by the pouring rain. He looked up at the sky above him and closed his eyes, letting the droplets caress his face. Everyone else kneeled down as well, heads down, in honor of Utah's death.

"Don't let this be the end," whispered Suke. "Give him a second chance, Shen."

Above in the realm of the gods, Shen shivered. He had no other choice, everyone deserved a second chance.

An enormous bolt of lightning struck down on Utah. Light from the gods illuminated his body as he regained life. Opening his eyes, electricity was swarming around him. He had gained power, he had gained the ultimate control of electricity. Utah looked at his hands and smiled. An aura of power surrounded him, making everyone else around fear the amount of strength that he had gained upon resuscitating. He had reached another level, he was a Shen Demigod.