Everything Comes to an End

Keith x Sarah ~ Everything Comes to an End ~
Inspired by SandBlast - Fox Stevenson

I arrived at Sarah's house and knocked. Her mom opened the door and welcomed me in. Sarah appeared in the back but didn't smile when seeing me walk in.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Follow me," she said, taking my hand. She led me to her room and when there, she closed the door.

"Sit," she ordered.

I sat on her bed. She sat next to me, but never made eye contact. She had a worried look on her face as she was staring into the void.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Keith," she said as her eyes met with mine.

"Yea?"

"Have you ever lied to me?" She asked.

"No, I haven't, ever," I answered with confidence mixed with confusion. "Why?"

"Would you ever lie to me?" She continued.

I reached out and took her soft, small hand. I caressed it and said, "You know I love you, right?"

"Of course I do Keith, but..." she paused. "I feel like there's something I don't know, something you don't want me to know."

"You don't think I cheat—"

"No, of course not. I know you'd never do that," she interrupted. "I was talking about... what you do."

Holy shit. How the hell does she know?

I looked at her in disbelief, "How do you—"

She interrupted me again, "Everytime you leave my house, and you tell me you have to go to work, I always wonder where you go. Everytime I see you with those scratches and bruises on your arms and legs, I wonder," she paused, "I wonder if what you do is legal."

I let go of her hand and looked away. "What I do is... none of your business," I told her, giving her a cold shoulder.

"Why don't you want to tell me?"

"I don't want you to get involved, Sarah. No, what I do is not legal, and things that aren't legal usally aren't safe. I don't want you to get hurt, I don't want to lose you," I calmly answered.

"That's not how our relationship is supposed to be. We're supposed to trust eachother and not keep secrets from eachother."

"You don't need to know about what I do, just forget about it."

"Forget about it? You go out there at the risk of getting killed! I don't want you dead, Keith!" She yelled.

"Just let it go Sarah! Forget about it!" I yelled back.

"Then forget about us! We're done..." she said, looking away.

No...

"Sarah..." I said softly.

"No, get out," she ordered as she started tearing up.

"But—"

"No! Get out of my house! Don't ever speak to me again!" She emotionally yelled.

Once home, I locked myself in my room. I yelled in anger, punching through the wall.
I lost her, this can't possibly be...

Oh,
We hit a bump in the road again,
Now I'm working out just what it meant.
...
At last,
Everything does come to an end.

To be continued...