SukeShiro

There were two types of'em. Suke and Shiro. They were very different from eachother, and here's how:

Suke was an intelligent and rich man. You could even say he was more than intelligent, he was brilliant. His mental capabilities would go beyond expectations and his behavior would often define what we call maturity. This man had no problems with his self-esteem, he would never doubt his limits and he someway redefined the word 'impossible'. A man of high society, Suke would know how to be very well-mannered.

Born as a poor and unfortunate child, Suke did not want his life to take the same path as the lives of his parents did. Suke's parents had raised him well, they had educated him and had taught him how to treat other people with respect. Despite them knowing how to raise their child, they certainly did not know how to handle their money. They qualified as a middle-class family but indebted themselves constantly. They would constantly buy things for themselves that they absolutely did not need. All of their money would usually be used for purchasing wine. Regardless of all of that, Suke worked hard to be where he is now. He constantly studied while still meeting up with friends every once in a while. He was known in every single one of his schools for having the best grades in every subject. To add to that, he was admired and loved by many for the numerous good actions he had done for other people. Some called him a genius while some considered him as their idol, but Suke was too humble to accept those titles. He would only blush, smile, thank them for the compliment and add, "That's too nice of you."

Then there was Shiro. Shiro was decently smart, though not very wealthy. He would constantly complain about life to himself and call it unfair. Similarly to Suke, Shiro had many great and different qualities. Sadly, he never learned how to really make any use of them. He would often fall under the weight of society's expectations. Leading a boring and uninteresting life, Shiro was extremely vulnerable to depression. It was a known fact that he never really acknowledged the true meaning of happiness. He would never cry though, not wanting to show his emotions, trying to maintain something he called his 'manliness'.

Shiro was born in the same type of family as Suke's. Middle-class, in debt, his parents wasted their money on wine... Despite both of them growing up in similar environments, Shiro was never as successful as Suke. His grades were good, but not as good as Suke's. In fact, they both went to the same school. People would always compare the two, saying that Shiro was decent, but that Suke was better. People never recognized how hard Shiro worked to get the 'decent' grades he got. That's something he never recovered from, being called decent while his peer, Suke, was seen as iconic. He never really got the attention he deserved, not even his teachers paid attention to his hard and countless hours of work. More on, Shiro wasn't appreciated by many. People constantly judged him without ever really getting to know him. As mentioned before, Shiro didn't have many friends. He would spend his mornings and free time at the library, writing, expressing the pain he felt. He would eat alone at lunch, and again, people would judge him for having no friends. Shiro wasn't hideously ugly. In fact, he was very attractive. He wasn't insanely annoying. In fact, Shiro was very mature, calm and collected. Never receiving any attention, never being liked, never having his work recognized, Shiro just stopped trying. He stopped studying, stopped trying to look good, stopped trying to find himself a purpose. He got a job in the construction industry, never achieved his dream of becoming an artist and lived the rest of his life miserably.

That's odd though, how the two of them could have ended up with such different lives. They were, in fact, brothers. As said previously, people would continuously compare the two, and Shiro would just feel left out, unappreciated.

But then why didn't Suke help Shiro
go through all of this? Suke was indeed an amazing and admirable person, so why wouldn't he help his own brother?

Well he did. He tried, at least. "Brother, I can help you, I can lead you to greatness. You just have to offer your own part of the work. Don't give up, one day you'll look down on all of them and they'll remember their own words, forever regretting having said them. They'll ashamed of themselves for having made fun of someone who became so successful."

Despite Suke offering an opportunity, Shiro refused. He was too caught up. He couldn't escape the state of mind that he was in. The state of mind where you are offered the idea that the world is an evil and unfair place. Something that an optimistic, such as Suke, would never agree on. So on, Suke left Shiro in his own world and went on to become one of the greatest to ever live.