The Art of Dancing

Let's start with what Art itself is.

- Art is something that is created with imagination and skill and that is beautiful or that expresses important ideas or feelings -
(Merriam Webster)

I love photography, because it allows you to capure precious and beautiful moments in time.

I love writing, because it expresses your ideas and feelings through words and stories.

I love drawing, painting and creating visual arts, because it allows you to express any and all of your ideas with simple colors, shades, and materials.

I love instrumental and vocal music, because they allow musicians and artists express their emotions and ideas through musical instruments.

I love all of those art forms, but there's one, for some reason, that I prefer.

The Art of Dancing
Some of you may not know, but I like to dance. I love to dance.

Yesterday afternoon, I was outside alone on a beautiful beach of rocks. I started playing some music (Logic). As the sound waves reached my ears, something in my body, or in my head, just wanted me to get up and start dancing. Thats exactly what I did, and let me tell you, it felt really good.

When I was young, I had always wanted to dance, but I was too shy to actually take classes. So one day, I got some courage and asked my mom if I could take classes. Of course, she said yes. That's when I got put into this hip hop class with a teacher that seemed totally unqualified. Now, I don't exactly like hating on her, because we were just kids at the time, but I didn't like what she teached us, probably because she wasn't the best hip hop teacher out there, but also because she talked about herself in the third person. I'm not kidding. She said things like:

"Sylvia's gonna get us the music."

And I kept asking myself, "Who the fuck is Sylvia?? We've never seen her before."

But yeah, she was Sylvia and she spoke in the third person, which kinda still freaks me out.

Anyways, so I stopped going there and changed to another dance school. There, I opted for a type of dance we call popping. Lemme show you what popping is.

(Two of my favorite videos)

Some also like to call it robotic dancing.  So I started learning popping. I took classes for two years but then decided to stop. I still love dancing and popping is still my favorite style, but something just made me wanna stop taking classes. What made me stop were the classes themselves. Or rather what we learned. See, I prefer spontaneous and freestyle dancing. I prefer inventing it on the go and as the music is playing. I basically don't really like choreographies. And that probably is because whenever I went on stage, I didn't enjoy dancing. I was too anxious because I didn't wanna mess up.

I'm not saying that choreagraphies shouldn't be part of dancing, but I personally didn't like having to learn one to express myself. I would like to one day learn a contemporary or hip hop choreagraphy. I am also planning on taking dance classes this year.

So why do I love the art of dancing?
Because it allows you to express your ideas and emotions while using your whole body as the instrument.

-
That's about it for this chapter,
But I've got a little something to add.
Throughout the years, we've introduced new people into our little WattPad group, so today I felt like introducing someone myself. You've probably seen me tag her in some chapters, but you guys have never actually met her. She's a great friend of mine, she's awesome and here's a little bit about her.

aelithchu 's little introduction:
The name is Kass, I write (sometimes) (I try) (I swear) mostly stories. I mostly write fanfictions because I'm a huge nerd who cares deeply about fictional characters, but I also have original stories!! Maybe one day I'll finish writing them. Sigh. Talk to me about memes, aphmau, so many other youtubers smh, voltron, bnha or anime in general, im awkward but I don't bite (generally)(??) :)
I was supposed to write a short description of myself and ended up with this endless text.... that pretty much summers up my writing style lmao.

So yeah, this is her (her username is up there) and I just wanted for y'all to meet her:)
-

That's all for today m8ees!
Peace out peasants!