A First Date

Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, she was the kind of girl ever other guy dreamed of. She was incredibly beautiful and awfully nice. Her name was Sarah, we had a date scheduled at a cafe called 'The Gray'.

I wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't for her passion for books. She enjoyed reading and loved writing. That's all she did, day and night, whenever she had free time. She was pretty popular, for her looks though, not for what she wrote. When I first met her, she told me she whished to become known worldwide for her writing. I shared the same wish, although her stories were way better than mine.

Her friends were pretty basic. They all had the looks but none of them had anything interesting attributed to them. Sarah was passionate for something, which immediately made her way more attractive.

I had gone to the cafe ultimately, and the place had a nice vibe to it. People there talked, but not too loud, they read and wrote, all while drinking tea and coffee. It was more of a morning place but she had planned the date at 5 because she wanted to see the sun set.

Later
Opening the door to the cafe led a bell to ring and an employee to greet me.

"Hi! Welcome to the Gray..." she said before hesitating, "Dark hair, brown eyes, tall, handsome..." she mumbled to herself while examining me. "Are you here to meet up with Sarah?" She asked.

"Yeah.."

"Great!" She smiled, "Follow me," she said, to then pick up a menu and lead me to Sarah's table.

Buried in her book, Sarah's eyes looked up to meet up with mine. She smiled gently and closed what she was reading.

"Hi," she said with a soft voice.

"Hey" I smiled back. "Do you want to order something? I'm starving, I haven't eaten since this morning!"

She let out a small laugh and then made contact with the waiter. "Why don't you go grab a book, I'll order for you," she said.

"Alright. And don't forget, I take my coffee black, no sugar, no milk," I replied.

She showed a big smile, once again. Oh god how I love when she smiles.

The Gray was an amazing place. It wasn't only a cafe, but it was also a library. You could borrow books and read them in the cafe. I immediately went to the crime and investigation section. I highly enjoyed reading those kinds of books, Sarah preferred Science Fiction ones.

Soon after searching, one book caught my interest. It was entitled 'Rogue Alpha'. As my hand reached for the book, another hand, a rather tender and soft one, reached for it too. I wasn't even aware of her presence.

"Oh, sorry," she said. "Did you want that book?" She asked.

"Oh no, you can take it, I don't mind," I answered.

"Are you sure?"

"No doubt, don't worry."

"Alright, thank you." She grabbed the book and turned heels. Before taking another step, she added, "My name's Jasmine, Jasmine Pearson."

"Mine's Keith."

"Nice to meet you, Keith," she smiled, adjusting her glasses.

Jasmine Pearson. What an interesting being.