nine ; curiosity killed the cat, but its stubbornness brought it back

Start from the beginning

They all just stood there with different expressions before Stefan looked at Damon who was giving him a look. "No!" he denied, shaking his head. "No way."

Pan and Felix looked confused.

"Well if you have an idea, spit it out," Pan demanded.

———

Melody opened her eyes slowly, trying to get used to the bright lights before opening them completely. Her head was pounding and she winced, clutching it tighter. She looked around the room and realized that she and Elena were on a couch. The room looked rather old in her opinion. Elena was awake and there was a man next to them. It had then occurred to her that Elena was trying to fight him off and the man was walking towards Melody.

"Get off of her!" a woman yelled, flashing into the room and throwing him away from her. "Trevor! Control yourself. We can't hurt her. If we do, we're dead." Trevor mumbled something under his breath which Melody couldn't understand. He left and the woman went over to the fairytale woman who couldn't focus for the life of her. They had drugged her. Now she couldn't use magic. "You're not hurt are you?"

Melody blinked away the blurriness in her eyes and then managed to sit up. She scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "Thank you for your concern."

The woman looked nervous still. "You're not hurt, right?"

"No, I'm not." She looked relieved. "Who are you may I ask and why did you kidnap us?"

"Who I am is not important."

"Yes, it is. Don't tell me it's not."

But her words went ignored as the vampire smiled suddenly. "I still can't believe I am standing before you."

Melody raised an eyebrow, looking confused. Why is it that supernatural person knew who she was? How was it even possible? At this point, she honestly wouldn't be surprised if Katherine knew. Or maybe she did and Melody just didn't know.

"What do you want with us?" Elena questioned, standing up.

The doppelganger looked scared and the fairytale woman forced down an eye roll. She had been through being kidnapped before and this didn't even make the list of bad days she has had in her life.

"Look, I promise not to tell anyone. Please just let me go." Melody looked offended as Elena continued. "You can take her but please let me go."

Melody couldn't believe Elena, her mouth gaping in utter shock. Was she seriously going to trade her freedom for her's? She knew she shouldn't have become friends with the Gilbert. Why couldn't she just follow her gut like she usually does? One thing was for sure though, Melody was never going to do anything for Elena ever again.

"Are you serious!" she sneered, standing up despite her pounding head. "You little—"

The vampire intervened and then slap Elena hard, causing the doppelganger to collapse on the couch unconscious. "Don't worry, Miss. Nothing is going to happen to you. Just take a seat."

Melody nodded, still angry and unconvinced. "Sure. Let's just pretend I'm not being held captive by vampires."

She sat down on the other side of the couch and the vampire sent her a smile before turning and leaving. Once she was out of sight, the brunette attempted to conjure a fireball. All she got was a few sparks. Her mind was too fuzzy still. And even if she could escape, why would she? She was curious as to what they wanted. Melody laid her head in her hands, sighing deeply.

"I am so getting lectured."

———

Stefan had sat on one of the couch armrests while Damon stood by the fireplace, drinking a glass of blood. Pan and Felix and sat on the couch across from Stefan. Damon stayed clear of Pan, not wanting to get choked again.