four ; you trust me, i'll trust you

Start from the beginning

Melody tried to convince them that this is where she wanted to be. She wanted to stay and help the others with their Katherine problem, and with future problems. The fairytale girl didn't want to just abandon them.

In saying this, she had persuaded them to let her stay. But, naturally, Pan had gone home that day and ranted to Felix about it, saying he was worried for her. Felix had told him that he couldn't baby Melody any longer and that she was grown up now, ready to take on the world. Though his daughter did not know that they had this conversation, Pan had called her back in the middle of the night and told her to stay safe and that he loved her, adding that she call if anything serious happened. Melody had agreed, thanking her dad, hanging up, and calling it a night.

Once she felt the shower start to grow cold, she turned it off and got out, getting ready for the long day ahead of her.

———

Melody sipped on her coffee as she sat on the couch next to Stefan. Her eyes were on her phone as she scrolled through the recent events happening in StoryBrooke. Nothing major was happening beside the fact that the news team was looking for new recruits and that Granny's was having a bake sale. 

Damon walked in with Alaric and he greeted him. "Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

The two walked into the living room and the history teacher looked at Melody. "So you're the fairytale character with magic huh?"

Melody looked up, pointing her coffee cup at him with a slight smirk. "You bet I am." She sipped again and Alaric stepped further into the room, sitting on the couch across from them.

"Stefan mentioned you guys needed my help."

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan explained.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?"

Damon came to stand near the group. "Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not-dead vampire wife might."

Melody set her coffee down on the coffee table, then leaning back on the couch. She crossed her arms over her chest out of habit. "Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together. I heard that she had spent years researching Mystic Falls. She must have found something."

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklore and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction," Alaric replied.

The brunette couldn't blame him honestly. She had witnessed an outsider first-hand discover that fairy tales were real and that everything she thought wasn't true. And Melody was there as Emma found out the truth about her parents, then everything after that which led to her now being married to a said fairytale character.

"Aside from the blood-sucking crazies, what else?" Melody asked curiously.

"The lycanthrope."

Stefan looked shocked and confused. "Wait, werewolves?"

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney," Damon denied. "I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

Melody shook her head. "They exist. I have a friend back from where I live, she's a werewolf."

Damon raised an eyebrow. "Let me guess, the big bad wolf."

"You can't just assume every fairytale you've heard is true, Damon. So no, it isn't the big bad wolf because last I checked, the big bad wolf was a guy and said she. Red Riding Hood, also known as my friend Ruby."