66 (Final)

It's been four years since Aera's gotten married, Suga was with the boys on tour for 3 months and would be returning tomorrow. He was the perfect husband she could ever dream of, helping her in her every step, supporting her 24 hours amidst his busy schedule. She was a producer now in BigHit, helping many other famous artists with their songs and albums. She was becoming a rising well known producer with a disability that shocked the public with her talent. She was also known to be the global sensation famous wife of Suga, she was cherished and appreciated worldwide.

Aera was waiting in her bed impatiently, fidgeting with her fingers. She was getting her eye surgery today, after this medical procedure her doctor said she'd be able to see again.

Bomi and her mother held her hand in a tight grasp to keep her strong. "Fighting Aera." Bomi's voice almost quivered.

"Thank you Bomi." Aera managed to smile nervously.

Her mother kissed her forehead. "Honey, I-I'm so happy. I-I can't believe my baby will be able to see again..." Her words came out faintly, she started to cry again.

"Eomma, please. Please, don't cry.."

The bed was pulled towards the operation room. Her mother sniffled. "I won't cry, I love you."

"Love you too." Aera's voice became distant as she was drifted into the surgery room.

They patched the equipment on her and injected the anesthesia. She prayed to god, that everything would go okay. That she'd be able to see her daughter, her husband. Her beautiful family.

_______

She heard sounds of whispering and talking of multiple people. She could barely open her eyes. Her eyelids stuck like glue. She clenched them close and opened them slowly. A white light first crept in. She opened further, her eyelids drew apart. She couldn't see anything but a fuzz of colors. She blinked several times to adjust her view. She was able to focus on the people in front of her. Was this real? She saw a woman who appeared like her mother as she spoke to her friend Bomi. She looked around the room seeing colors she hadn't seen in years. It felt like a dream. She blinked multiple times, in astonishment. She broke into a cry of happiness. She held her face in her hands. It was all too good to be true.

Her mother and Bomi rushed to her.

"Honey, look at me. Don't cry. C-can you see, i-is the surgery successful?" Her mother embraced her in a tight hopeful manner.

She nodded in her hands, sniffling her cries. This was unbelievable, she was in concern that this would all be a dream. A dream that would hurt her again. She was too afraid to peal herself away from her palms. How could she handle this dream if it wasn't truly reality? She desperately wanted to see her loved ones.

Bomi soothed her back, tears formed in her eyes in joy for her friend. She watched her hardships since high school she was in ease now.

"Aera, look at the world. You need to see it, there are so many things that you've missed out on. Look at your beauty Aera." Bomi brought out an off-white mirror in front of her.

"Yes honey, look at how beautiful you are. Look at the face of Kim Aera."

She was curious to view her face, how much had she changed since she was young. Her facial recognition of herself was absent in her cluttered memories. She took the chance to see herself, even if this were to be a dreadful dream.

She kept her eyes closed as she took them away from her wet palms, she held the plastic plated mirror in her hands. She slowly pealed her eyes open, sighting the cream blanket on her lap and the rest of the room filled with pastel colors. Her mother and her best friend stood beside the bed. She looked into the mirror, the reflection of her own. Her fair skin and silky long dark brown hair, her brown starlit iris's. She grazed along her cheekbones in happiness as she stared at her own face. She smiled in contentment of knowing what she had looked like. Her dimples projected, similar to her brother's as she remembered since he was younger.