58

Aera walked out of the building in heavy steps, she heard the footsteps of others leading out of the complex. She listened to their sense of direction and trailed her cane along the sidewalk, she held the wall to guide her. She walked around the building, tracing the structure so she wouldn't run into the streets. But the feeling inside her was triggering her to delve among the roaring cars.

The diffused grey light of a darkening sky pushed light far enough into the corners of the buildings. Small pellets of water had dispersed along her fair skin, dripping to the tip of her nails. The thunder rolled overhead in furry through the darkened clouds, spreading among the once beautiful lighted sky.

Aera stood in place on the middle of the sidewalk feeling hurried bodies pushing her back and forth as they were in desperation to escape the incoming storm. She glanced up at the sky, in hope for an answer. What was meant by all of this? 

The water trickled into her eyes, dampening her hair and clothing. The pain inside her interweaved in knots with emotions and physical discomfort. The water from the gods became one with her tears as they dropped to the concrete floor.

The roaring thunder interrupted her thoughts. She gripped her protector in her hand and continued her walk, walking towards nothing of her knowledge. She patted her back pocket in hope of a cellular device to be in her reach. She only felt the soaked material along her flesh. She left all her belongings at his place, she was too frantic to look for her fallen items. She thought of everything that occurred and continued her grief. She rolled into an unknown alley that she had no clue of. She only trusted the guidance of the wall.

Heavy steps approached her from behind, eyeing her entrance to the darkened space. Where a perfect crime could be conducted. She didn't notice the pounding sound of splashy steps as the heavy rain surrounded her.

The man with hefty boots took his chance to cup her mouth roughly and drag her into the deep vandalized alley. Her heart jolted in pace from the sudden filthy hand along her lips and the stiff grasp around her waist. The sound of nature's cry hid her panic, her eyes enlarged in horror. She could only pray for someone to save her.

A/N: YO! I'm still here. 🙃

VOte anD coMmenT