20

It was almost 2'oclock as she read her wrist watch. She was with Suga and he was driving her somewhere, she didn't have a single clue. She wrapped her hands between her sleeves as her fingers were cold. Good thing I wore this coat. She smiled to herself.

"Sorry for taking you out on a cold day." He said with his attention on the road.

She shook her head, "It's fine, I'd be home probably... doing nothing." ....being depressed

He nodded and quietly drove.

He parked the car by a desolated building. "We're here."

She took off her seatbelt and opened the car door, a cool gust of wind welcomed her. Her teeth chattered as she got out.

He took her hand and placed it in his pocket. She blinked a couple of times, dazed.

"It's cold." He said "We have to walk around the building to get to the entrance."

Her right hand was placed in his pocket, she felt his narrow slim fingers entangle with hers. He wasn't just warming up her hand but her entire body.

He led her along the side of the building and they soon reached to the entrance. The door creaked as he opened it.

She walked into the unknown building, fortunately it wasn't as cold as it was outside.

"Where are we?" She pressed his hand as she asked.

He took her hand out and untangled his fingers. He went behind her placing his hands on her shoulders, he sat her on a bench.

"I always come here when I'm thinking of my mother or when I'm depressed. No one comes here, I found it a couple years ago when we had to film a music video and there was just a piano laying around" He sat next to her on the bench.

She lifted her arm and felt some sort of wood like texture, she moved it along the body and found familiar keys at its base. There was a piano in front of her. She noted how similar they were. They both loved the piano, both used the instrument as a getaway from depression, and had a "secret" place to play their hearts out.

"We're really alike." She said as she ran her fingers across the keys.

"Why? Do you suffer from depression?" He looked at her.

She nodded. "I try not to let it wear me down, but it's just too heavy..." It's heavy' was the only way she could define it. She had to carry it around even though she never wanted to. It was always over her, casting a shadow on her life. It was hung by a thin thread, she was too fragile to hold something so heavy.

He knew what she meant. "It's a silent killer. You can't escape it no matter how hard you try. It follows you around like a black shadow eating you in the inside."

He was right. It's pain that's too much to cope with, too hard to deal with and always misunderstood. She didn't know why she had to deal with a burden like this. Was it because of the accident? Her mother being sad all the time? What troubled her to be this way at times?

"Is your mom sick?" She had the courage to ask.

There was a moment of silence. "My mom has cancer. And she's crazy." He simply said.

She didn't know what to say, how to react, it upset her to know his weak side.

"She's been sick for 2 years now and she might not make it. She'll pass away any day." He hit a key on the piano a few times.

"Even if she doesn't want to see you, you should go see her. What about your dad?"

"He's gone, I don't know where. He cheated on my mom when I was a child so she's turned crazy."

He's in more pain than I am. He doesn't have anyone. Slow desolate tears ran from her unblinking eyes and dripped steadily onto her thick coat.

He glanced over at her and turned her to face him. "Hey." He spoke softly. "Why are you crying? I'm fine." He brushed away the tears with his thumb.

She sniffled. "You can always talk to me, if you need someone." She wiped the wet patches away with her sleeve.

"Thank you." He said gazing at her, her nose was red at the tip because she was cold and now crying.

"You look like Rudolph." He poked her nose laughing.

"Hey!" She grabbed her nose.

He started playing 'Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer' on the piano.

This was the first time she heard him play the piano and she was happy this was the first song he played for her. It was cute and memorable.

She smiled and decided to add lyrics to his melody.

🎶Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Had a very shiny nose

And if you ever saw it

You would even say it glows 🎶

He was surprised by how well she was at singing, her eyes closed and she also added in vibrato. He could watch her all day and play for her till his fingers fell off.