Chapter 61 "It's Kirsty, Colby"

"What is going on? And tell me the truth" Colby stood over me with his arms crossed. I was sitting on his bed, my face still recovering from crying with frustration and anger. Colby's face was stern and cold, wanting answers about what happened downstairs.

"Nothing, her and I just had a-" I paused, rubbing my nose a little. "Run In" I shook my head and looked down.

"A run in? She just accused you of-"

"It doesn't matter! It's a childhood thing" I didn't exactly want to talk about what happened when we were younger. What happened between Kirsty and I was childish and yet I still felt guilt till this day. It's my fault too.

"What did you do?" Colby looked at his feet and he tapped his toes on the floor, waiting for an answer from me.

"Look, I don't want to talk about it" I groaned.

"I don't think I entirely believe you" Colby fixed his hair. He shoved his hands deep into his jean pockets, rolling on the balls of his feet.

"What?"

"It doesn't matter" Colby took out his phone. "Uh, that girl is gone now if you wanna-" I got up and went downstairs, confused but also annoyed with how Colby had said he didn't believe me. I didn't know what he didn't believe but for some reason my brain was telling me something else. When I got downstairs, everybody looked at me and then returned to being awkward.

"Um, so" I started, hoping someone would actually look at me to show they were listening.

"Did you actually bully her?-" Corey blurted out, receiving a hard slap from Brennen.

"So you don't believe me that I didn't?"

"What? No-no that's not what he's saying Briana" Brennen stood up and started towards me.

"I knew it! The chance you all got to turn on me you took" I wasn't sure myself if what I was saying was entirely accurate. I actually think I was saying all of this and acting like a middle schooler because of how Kirsty made me look. It was really taking a toll on me.

"What?! Briana you know that's not true" Sam's face looked sad. It was as if he was sad for assuming so.

"Why even question if I bullied her?" I really wanted to explode.

"Because we have to be sure, we don't know the entire-" Elton tried to speak.

"Are you kidding me?! Be sure of what? I can't believe you all" I held my hands up and walked out, almost crashing straight into Colby as he came downstairs, confused as to why I was leaving. As I drove off, I forgot about Rachel, hoping she wouldn't hate me for not picking her up. Hopefully she'll understand. While I was driving, I didn't know if I was right in being mad. I mean, would you be mad? I'm not crazy, right? If you're really somebody's friend, you shouldn't really have to question whether they did something just because someone they don't even know says otherwise.

My gas light was flashing, notifying me I needed gas. Luckily I was coming up to a gas station on my way home. I pulled in and stopped next to a gas pump, getting out to fill up my car. After I filled it with gas I headed inside the gas station and payed for the gas, picking up some water and a pack of gum.

"That'll be eight dollars and twenty five cents" the clerk boringly spoke, sticking with the same tone of voice throughout his sentence. It must suck that bad to work in a gas station. I took out the money and handed it to him, getting two cents change back. I speedily headed back to my car, noticing my phone blowing up with calls and texts from Colby. My phone rang again as I held it in my hand, reading all of the texts and missed calls.

"Hello?" My breath was shaky, knowing Colby was concerned and slightly pissed off judging by the many missed calls and texts.

"Why didn't you call back or reply to me? I got so damn worried when you straight up walked out" His voice sounded upset.

"I was getting gas and my phone was in the car. I'm sorry Colby" I felt incredibly guilty but only because he made me feel guilty.

"What the hell happened before I came downstairs?" He asked, sighing down the phone. I explained everything and continually mentioned 'should I be mad?'.

"I don't wanna be a drama queen just because-"

"Well I guess you do expect friends to trust you when you tell them you didn't do something. I know I would be mad if everybody didn't believe me" Colby explained.

"Yeah but even you said you didn't believe me" I tapped my nails against the steering wheel, biting down on my lip nervously.

"I meant I didn't believe it was just some childhood shit. I don't know what happened back between you and Kristy"

"It's Kirsty, Colby" I laughed a little.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Just know that if you explain what actually happened, I'll understand so much more" I nodded my head as he spoke, acting as if he could see me.

"So you're saying that you'll only fully believe me if I explain what happened?" My eyebrows came together in confusion.

"I'm just saying that I don't know what happened so I don't wanna make my judgment. I'm holding my hands up!" My tongue ran over my lips as my brain fumbled around to try and understand this.

"I'm gonna go. I have shit to do in the morning" I blew a puff of air out of my mouth.

"Briana wait just talk" Colby spoke quickly in fear that I would hang up on him.

"There's a car behind me waiting for the pump and driving while on the phone is illegal. I'll speak to you tomorrow or something" my car began to move forward, allowing the other car to use the pump. My thumb tapped on the end call option and I locked my phone, setting it down where I usually put my phone in front of the gear stick.

A/N

Sorry about not updating yesterday, I was a lil busy and felt hella tired after so I went to sleep. This book has been getting more attention than usual lately so thank you so much for reading! I hope you're having a lovely day/night and I shall see you lot tomorrow :)