Chapter 46 "He can't see through her lies"

-Colby's POV-

I didn't mean it. I didn't mean to hurt Brennen like that. Hell, he's my best friend! People ship us for crying out loud. Best friends don't keep secrets like that from each other. I know it was wrong, but I didn't want to rat Kylie out. For all I know she could be a complete crazy and try kill me. She's fucked up enough though. Brennen just doesn't get a break. I heard he was very angry last night. It's not like Briana isn't going to warn me in case Brennen comes and attempts to drown me in the pool. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I would let him. Just so he could be less angry with me. I have no idea what it's going to take for him to forgive me. Tomorrow Elton and the others wanted to go to Santa Monica pier, Brennen and Briana included. I really hope he talks to me somewhat. Or I'm gonna lose myself. I love that guy like a brother.

My head lay comfortably on my pillow, the covers pulled all the way up to my neck. My head was facing the roof as my eyes drew patterns on the roof with my mind. What was I doing? Should I sleep? Should I beat myself up and then sleep off the pain? Jesus, I sound so emo. Sorry, it's my inner emo arising. I'm telling you it's my haircut.

"Colby just go the fuck to sleep" I attempted to smother myself with my pillow, holding it harshly over my head. Nope, not gonna work pal. Try again. "For fucksake" my head shook quickly and I sat up, picking up my phone and starting to text Briana. I just wanted to talk to her so I could hopefully try fall asleep. Here's to hoping.

 Here's to hoping

Briana filled me with reassurance that everything would be okay, making me have some sort of hope that Brennen won't break my incredibly handsome face

Briana filled me with reassurance that everything would be okay, making me have some sort of hope that Brennen won't break my incredibly handsome face. There's still a chance though. My second attempt at sleeping was much better. With a few tosses and turns, I managed to fall right to sleep, at last getting some sort of sleep.

-Briana's POV-

Colby texted me really late last night, resulting in me being tired the next day. He was worried about Brennen being mad and ignoring him for however long, making him stay up. Of course I had to help him to relax and fall asleep. That meant risking my fucking sleep schedule. At least I knew he was okay. That's all I need to know anyway. That he's fine and that he can fall asleep. Today we were heading to Santa Monica Pier to have fun and shit. My fit today was pretty basic. I couldn't really be bothered making it look good. I guess it was fine though.

"Brennennnn!" I called, looking for him around the apartment

"Brennennnn!" I called, looking for him around the apartment. I couldn't find him anywhere, so I went to his room. Nothing. My eyes looked over at his MacBook that was still open, notes pulled up. It read,

Attempt one, what the fuck am I doing,

Hey Kylie, how are you? We didn't have a chance to talk and I wanted to see....fuck it. I have no idea what to say to her. Do I want her back? Yeah. Everybody might hate me but, maybe I should go to Australia to try win her back? I can't tell anyone. They might try stop me. Well, we'll see I guess.

"No, no he can't be serious" I held the MacBook on my lap, using my finger on the mousepad to scroll around. Brennen had to be kidding me. Go to Australia to try and win over the girl that blatantly broke your heart? He can't.

"Briana?!" I heard him yell from the other side of the apartment.

"Shit!" I quickly set his MacBook back to how it was and rushed out, smacking straight into his chest.

"What were you doing?" He asked, noting I had just come flying out of his room like fucking sonic on steroids.

"Nothing, just looking for....you-um, we should go meet up with everyone" I tried to get away but Brennen was much stronger than me.

"Tell the truth" he crossed his arms, muscles tensing. The one person I couldn't lie to was Brennen.

"You're really considering going to Australia to try win her back?" Brennen sighed at the sound of my words, realising I looked at his MacBook.

"This has nothing to do with you" he mumbled and looked else where.

"Nothing to do with me? I'm your best friend" I scuffed my foot off the ground.

"I'm still trying to figure things out. Don't tell anyone"

"Brennen, she broke you. Why can't you see it and why can't you tell us, your friends?" My voice was almost a whisper. I couldn't bring myself to argue with him. Although I should have raised my voice, I couldn't.

"Because everyone else around here keeps shit from me. Now stay out of it" he walked off into his room and slammed the door shut, leaving me to put together what he was saying. He can't just push me out too. Even if he did I couldn't allow him to. He can't see that she's moved on and that just breaks me apart. He still thinks she loves him. It hurts.

"We need to leave, Bren" I lightly knocked his door. He came out and shoved straight past me, heading outside to get into his car. I got into his car too and we started to drive off. All we did was argue on the way there. He made me feel like what I was saying was all wrong and that he was right in what he was doing. It would only end in more heartbreak. He just can't see it. He can't see through her fakeness and complete selfishness. And it fucks me up so bad because it's not fair for us to try to pick up the pieces after he gets broke.

A/N

I felt very strongly about twisting this shit so here ya gooo. Didn't I say it would get a lot more fucked up? The argument between Brennen and Briana comes next which should be interesting to some degree. I hope you enjoyed! 💓😛