Chapter 53 "You're so shit at being defensive"

READ THE A/N AT THE END!

-Briana's POV-

The ride home from camping was quiet with only the radio being heard. I got a ride with Colby, so you know it would be awkward. We got into a silly little argument over nothing. It was childish as fuck. But I was excited. My parents and two siblings were moving back here. I was thankful to be spending Thanksgiving with them. Bless.

"You gonna talk or are we gonna stay mad at each other forever?" Colby coughed, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Why do I have to be the first one to speak, Brock?" His name rolled off my tongue effortlessly, making Colby slightly nervous.

"Because you're the nice one, Rutherford" He copied me, turning for a moment.

"Well you're nice too! When you want to be" I quickly turned to him, defensively, becoming much more quiet in the second part.

"Pfft, really? You're so shit at being defensive" he laughed at me mockingly. Grrrr, jerk!

"And you're so shit at being nice. Keep your attention on the road, it's much more interesting than this conversation" A sarcastic smile formed on my lips.

"Whatever, man" Colby gave in, staying silent for the remainder of the ride home. He arrived outside of Brennen and I's apartment, stopping abruptly.

"Later" I blew a puff of air out of my mouth, grabbing my bags and closing the car door, watching him speed off. My keys clinked and clanked in my hand as my extremely unfit ass sprinted up the stairs. Shit, I needed to hit up the gym more. Upon opening the door, the familiar sound of Kobe caught my attention, my idiot best friend Brennen laying lazily on the couch.

"BRENNEN!" I immediately dropped my bags and jumped on top of him.

"Jesus!" He wheezed. He rolled me off of him, my body slamming against the ground.

"How was your trip?" My interest showing prominently as I sat on my knees on the couch, ready to hear all about his trip.

"Fucking amazing!" Brennen and I jumped around happily, maybe too happily, returning to our serious mode after. "Let's talk for real though, we need to" Brennen grabbed a pillow and played with the fabric.

"Alright, go for it" I kept eye contact, letting him know I was listening. Brennen sighed in a sad manner, lifting his chin to look at me.

"I'm really sorry for not listening to you and completely shutting you out. You're the one person that knows me so well and I completely disregarded what you said. I should've listened. I'm really glad that you have my back, Briana. It's just hard when you love someone so much" Brennen's head dropped again, as if to say he was guilty. I took his hand in my own, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles.

"Brennen, you and I will always be best friends and have each others backs, you've just gotta pay more attention to what I'm saying!" We both laughed a little. "You gotta talk to me more, tell me what you're feeling. Even if I'm not a qualified therapist or some shit, I'll listen and try to help you. Don't feel bad, brother, it isn't your fault you're a stubborn little shit" I tapped his hand lightly, smiling with him.

"Thank you" His head nodded, a smile creeping onto his face. "Now tell me, what's been happening?" Brennen patted the space next to him for me to shuffle over. I moved closer to him, resting my head on his chest, beginning to explain everything.

"Colby and I are sort of in an argument. It's hard to explain but yeah. It's stressful, for the both of us" my cheeks filled with air, me puffing the air out forcefully.

"You will be fine, trust me" I lifted my head up to look at Brennen.

"You're sure? Because I don't-"

"Briana, you're freaking yourself out over nothing. Just chill" His eyebrows wiggled at me. Out of absolutely nowhere, Brennen and I began edging closer and closer to each other. Our lips touched, the kiss becoming slightly more intense. We both pulled back fast, the realisation hitting us like a ton of bricks.

"Oh my-Briana I'm so sorry" Brennen pleaded, putting all of his efforts into his apology.

"Oh my God, no it's fine, I kissed back and-shit!" My head fell into my hands, my eyes welling up with tears.

"It's okay, don't cry" Brennen rubbed my back, trying to soothe the pain of what just happened.

"What am I going to tell Colby?" My voice cracked and broke, it sounding like a forced whisper, only weaker than ever, since I was on the verge of tears.

"We'll figure this out, it was just in the moment" Brennen pulled me into him, allowing me to cry, my mascara and and most likely snot transferring to his shirt. God I felt so bad for both Brennen and Colby. I'm also really gross, ew. I couldn't believe I just passionately kissed my best friend. Like he said, it was in the moment. Of course we have no feelings for each other. It was a moment thing. I felt fucking awful though. How could I do that to Colby when I was so against that type of shit in the first place?! He's going to leave me. And it will be all my fault. All my fault.

-Brennen's POV-

My heart really went out to Briana. She just explained how she and Colby were fighting and then we kissed. It's just more salt in the wound that is already bleeding. I really wanted everything to be okay, but she kept crying and crying and all I could do was tell her it would all be okay. She was aiding me with support when Kylie and I finished and now I was aiding her after she cheated with me. We don't even have feelings for each other. It was just like BOOM! Kiss. I will make sure that everything is okay and I will explain to Colby what happened. With Briana by my side. Things just get shittier and shittier around here.

A/N

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN THANKSGIVING AND SHIT TO ME BECAUSE IM NORTHERN IRISH SO I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE HELL ITS ABOUT AND I JUST NEED HELP FOR A FOLLOWING CHAPTER THAT INCLUDES IT?

I would appreciate it sm so bless you if you explain to me.

I also have to get an injection in school that I am literally almost in a corner crying about because that shit huRTS.

But yes, it would be much appreciated if you could gimme a hand ❤️ see you tomorrow!