Chapter 43 "Define Whatever"

"How the hell did you get us lost? You had ONE job Kyle, ONE job" I crossed my arms. Kyle nervously laughed, scratching the back of his neck. It had been at least fifteen minutes and Kyle couldn't tell where we were. My God is this boy an awful navigator. "Can I borrow your phone to try call someone?" I asked nicely, Kyle taking his phone out from his pocket and handing it to me. Not only was there no service but his phone was low on battery. God dammit.

"It's gonna be fine, people are gonna realise that we're gone and they'll try contact us" Was Kyle stupid or was he just stupid?

"How are they gonna contact us if your phone has no service and is about to die and mine is in my car?!" Panic mode set in, the sky growing darker and darker by the second. Anytime soon we would be in the dark without cell service and a torch. Aren't there mountain lions up here too?!

"Relax okay? We can figure this out" I started to walk in another direction, not bothered to listen to Kyle's input. We were literally screwed and since we were standing around, I decided to try and walk to someplace familiar or at least try get cell service. "Woah! Wait Briana!" Kyle called after me, jogging to me.

"What?!" My annoyance became too much and I snapped, taking it out on Kyle.

"Can you take a chill? We can't just walk around when there are possible mountain lions waiting for fresh meat to walk by!" Kyle was visibly freaking out, his relaxed stance earlier selling itself out.

"Phone" I took a step in front of him, not turning around and holding my hand behind me, waiting for the cold metal to hit my hands.

"What?" Kyle's eyebrows knit together in confusion. What did he not understand by that?

"Give me your phone, I'm gonna try find service" I used hand movements to insinuate for him to hurry up. He handed me it and I trekked on, holding the phone up like an idiot to try and catch a bar or two of signal but even that wouldn't be enough to forward a call.

"Wait! Yes yes yes!" I carefully and quickly went to the dial pad on the phone app on Kyle's phone, quickly punching in Colby's number while I had limited service. It rang for a few seconds before ending, the service disappearing. "No!" I stomped my feet like a childish toddler, Kyle snickering at me. Walking on, I was beginning to give up on finding signal when at last, I got full bars, a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I repeated what I did before, the phone ringing and ringing until Colby picked up.

"Hello?" His voice came through the phone, giving me butterflies until the realisation of the situation came back again.

"Colby! It's Briana!" I jumped around, happy I got to him. The sky had now got increasingly dark, it almost being pitch black.

"Oh hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Kyle and I are in Griffith Park and we got lost, please come help us" my voice dropped, hoping he would come and help us.

"Kyle?" His answer came out almost as a scoff.

"Yes, can you please come?" I bit down on my lip hard, the nervousness picking up.

"Alright, can you send me your location or something so I can try track you down?"

"Yeah yeah! I will now, I'll see you" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, the call ending.

"What did he say?" Kyle asked but, I ignored him, turning on Kyle's 4G and trying to send Colby our location. The loading send thing was moving slow, stopping and then moving a little again. I really hoped he had mobile data otherwise the location won't send. The sending bar then shot off, sending it to him. Kyle and I stayed put, waiting for Colby to rescue us. It seemed a little off when Colby realised I was with Kyle. I guess he didn't like him. It took around forty five minutes but Colby finally found us, receiving a tight hug from me.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" my voice was muffled since my face was buried in his chest.

"It's okay, how did you guys get lost anyway? Aren't you both from here and know your way around?" Colby laughed, stroking his hand through my hair.

"Well yeah but we got off track, didn't we Bri?" Kyle looked at me in Colby's arms, the air thick with tension between the two boys.

"Got off track? How so?" Colby and Kyle locked eyes. It was almost like an intimate moment for the two. Only it was a potentially dangerous situation. The two boys had a sour taste in their mouths for each other. They didn't like each other at all. Which was hard enough for me.

"You know, talking and whatever" Kyle kicked some stones on the ground, his head down.

"Define whatever" Colby's tone of voice became much more harsh, not like before. His voice was more questioning before.

"Alright that's enough" I let go of Colby and stepped in the middle of them, hoping they would stop this childish shit. "Can we leave now?" I looked between the two, Colby leading us to the path again. I walked ahead of the two boys. Knowing where I was going now. I looked back and could see them keeping their distance from each other, making bitter faces at each other every once in a while. Boys will be boys. And girls will be girls. Kyle departed from us, saying bye to me but saying only Colby's name. Colby and I stood between our cars. An awkward silence between us.

"You aren't mad that Kyle and I were together are you?" I asked him.

"No babe, I don't have a reason to be" he pulled me into him, kissing me on the forehead and placing his chin on my head. I wish I could believe Colby but I could see right through him. He was completely jealous. He just didn't want to admit it to me. I'll let it slide though. Jealousy is a feeling everyone feels.

A/N

Ahh I can't believe I'm gonna be ending this soon! I think I'm gonna end it at chapter 60. I still have to think of an ending, but we aren't that close yet so for now, my effort will be put into these chapters 110%. I love you all and thank you so much for reading :)