Chapter 20 "Mr Mysterious you say"

After what Colby had said a few hours ago, we barely spoke to eachother. I was really confused. I had no idea if he was being serious or just being his dick self. It was hard to tell, considering he always acts so sarcastic and shit. I was sitting in the living room with Rachel and Xavier, eating pizza. Colby said he would get some later, so we left him some.

"He said what?!" Rachel freaked out, my hand covering her mouth as I held my index finger against my lips, eyes wide. Geez, Rachel! We should just ask him to come downstairs so we can have a group discussion about it.

"Shhhh, Rach!" Xavier chuckled.

"Basically after that, we barely spoke. Apart from 'do you need gas' and 'I'll get pizza later' but yeah, basically it" I shrugged, studying my cuticles.

"It's a sign!" Rachel jumped around in excitement. A sign? A sign. According to Rachel anyway. I still have no idea what I think he means by what he said. Either way, I'm just as curious as everybody else. By everybody, I mean Xavier and Rachel.

"A sign of what?" I had a slightly confused and pissed off facial expression.

"Dude, he freakin' likes you" Rachel clapped her hands in my face. Likes me? He doesn't even think of us as friends so, how the fuck can you jump over the friend thing and pretend it isn't there?

"Rachel, he doesn't even wanna think of us as friends so, how would he even like me?" Now I just sounded like one of those girls who acted totally oblivious when they knew well that the guy liked them. I'm just really confused and that's genuine.

"Briana, it's clear. Just wait, he will ask you out" Rachel seemed so sure that he would, but I still didn't see it. If this meant that Colby and I could stop the sarcastic responses and the disgusted expressions, then I'll be quite happy with that.

"Hey, we best get going" Xavier tapped Rachel's knee. "Thanks for the pizza Bri and it was so cool to see you" Xavier stood up and hugged me, Rachel following suit.

"Thank you guys for looking after the dogs, you guys should come out more" I ruffled Xavier's hair, hugging Rachel next.

"Oh we will. Mostly to check up on you and Mr Mysterious" Rachel winked, walking out of the door with Xavier. I had so much love for those two, honest. I guess now I should go see if Colby wants this pizza. I mean, it's cold so maybe I should heat it for him. Fuck, I sounded like his wife. I really wasn't trying to be. I'm not a try hard. Not at most things anyway. After heating the pizza, I headed upstairs and tapped on Colby's door, him yelling for me to come in.

"Here's the pizza" my hand shook a little as I held it out to him.

"Thank you" he smiled as he took a bite out of the pizza.

"No problem" I smiled back, a warm feeling in my stomach. I turned on my heel and started to walk out, until Colby stopped me.

"Bye, idiot" I heard him call after me.

"Love you too, dick" I smiled and closed his door. What the fuck was happening between us? I was...weirded out by this sudden change in our behaviour. It was like unintentional but intentional flirting and it was messing with not only my head, but my emotions. The only way I could truely know for sure, was if I called the next best person to knowing Colby. And that was Castrid. I really hoped that this wouldn't cause an argument between us, because she seems like such a lovely girl. That is, if she agrees to meeting me.

"Hey Castrid, I was wondering if you wanted to like, meet me so I can talk to you because I'm just so confused and you're the next person to knowing the answers" my hands started to shake, me feeling a little scared because this was Colby's ex and I knew she didn't exactly like me that much. After all, she described me as 'some chick' and that just says it all.

"Sure. Meet me at the mall and I'm sure we can talk" Castrid and I ended the call and I headed out to the mall. I would be surprised if the mall was still open, but it was only 8pm so it should be. Deciding on not telling Colby where I was going because I knew this would cause him asking me why I'm meeting with his ex and all that and I really don't wanna discuss it right now. Not to him yet anyway. My car roared to life as I drove off, heading to the mall. When I got there, Castrid was waiting for me outside. We greeted each other and went inside to grab a drink and walk around.

"So what's up?" She asked.

"I know that this might not be the best time to talk about this but I'm just, I'm confused" she nodded her head in understanding with my response. "I need to know how Colby acted with you. He's just been acting strange because him and I are supposed to hate eachother but now it's like, and I hate to describe it as this but it seems like flirting" Castrid continued to nod her head.

"Well, what started this?" Castrid sipped her drink. Oh no, I really don't wanna tell her. I have so much respect for her feelings and this may shatter her heart once again. Although she was the one to end it with Colby.

"He called me perfect when I asked him why he hated me so much" I cringed internally because I knew what she would feel like.

"Only time will tell why he's being so weird" she sighed. "All I know is that he seemed like he had lost interest in me at the end of our relationship. I'm sure he's told you the whole story of our breakup" Castrid murmured, swirling her drink around in her hand and occasionally taking a few sips at a time.

"I'm so sorry Castrid, maybe now wasn't the time to talk to you about this" I felt really embarrassed honestly. I should've had more consideration for her feelings.

"It's okay, Colby and I are the past. Good luck with whatever's going on though" she half smiled. I stood up and gave her a hug, heading off after. I tried my best to get home quickly before Colby suspected anything.

"Hey" I said as I walked in, swinging my keys around. Colby was laying on the couch, watching some TV with his skinny jeans on and a hat backwards, his toned torso all up in my face.

"Where were you?" He asked me.

"I just wanted to get out of the house" He nodded in understanding. I thought over and over about what Castrid had said about Colby and honestly, she was right. Only time would tell what was going on with us. Let's just hope nothing more than friends. We're only friends and that's how it will stay.

A/N

I'm gonna jump right in and immediately try and write the next part for this. Maybe I'll get it up tonight but who knows. I hope you enjoyed and let me know what you thought kiddos :)