Chapter 55 "it's complicated"

"Are you excited to see your parents?" Rachel asked me as we drove towards their new house, heading to help them move in.

"Of course I am, it's been too long" I turned the steering wheel as we started to go uphill, the excitement of seeing my parents and siblings again rushing around inside me.

"It's so cool how they've come a couple days before Thanksgiving" Rachel placed her sunglasses on her head as we reached the foot of the driveway to my parents new home.

"Of course they have to be boujee and have a keycode gate" I rolled my eyes and Rachel laughed. Since they never gave me their keycode, I called them and eventually got it, watching the gates slowly open. We started to drive down and admire the modern styled home, the sun shining directly onto the front of it.

"Your parents definitely chose the best house in the Hollywood hills" Rachel gasped, admiring the home.

"Again, they're boujee bitches" I giggled, parking my car and stepping out side of it, heading towards the front door.

"Why aren't there any movers here? Did they move in prior or?"

"No clue, I guess we're about to find out" My hand reached up to knock the door, only for somebody to open it.

"Briana! I can't believe we're back" My mom pulled me into a tight hug, greeting Rachel after. "It's good to see you girls again" She sweetly smiled.

"It's good to see you mom" I smiled at her as she yelled for my dad and two siblings to come.

"Yo! Briana!" My brother Calum came out and did our handshake with me, remembering our handshake.

"Hey Calum!" I greeted, watching my sister Mollie come outside. She greeted me too, me being extremely happy to see them both again.

 She greeted me too, me being extremely happy to see them both again

Elizabeth Jane Bishop as Mollie Rutherford (age 15)

Froy Gutierrez as Calum Rutherford (age 17)

My mom invited Rachel and I in and we noticed the entire house had already been set up.

"Didn't you guys just move in today?" I asked, confused as to how the house could have already been set up, no cardboard boxes in sight.

"Yes, we had been here for a week prior to telling you we were coming" My mom explained. "Surprise?" She had a cringe smile on, hoping I wouldn't be mad that she never told me she had been here for a minute.

"You guys are cold" I shook my head, watching as they laughed. Rachel and I got a tour of the house, it being so grand and pretty. Then I thought about when I would be getting my own apartment. I really needed to hurry up because I would love my own apartment.

"And that's it! It's nice isn't it?" My mom stared in awe around the house, it clear she was in love with it.

"It's amazing" Rachel looked around.

"It sure is! Anyway, we have to go to your aunt's so, we'll be seeing you on Thanksgiving?" My mom clapped her hands.

"Of course, I'll see you then momma bear" I hugged her again. Rachel and I said goodbye to the rest of my family and left to go do something. The ride home was fun, Rachel and I generally enjoying life with the radio blasting.

"Hey, So you never told me what happened after you and Colby talked the other day" Rachel turned the volume knob low to talk. My heart began racing as I realised that I actually never told her. I didn't tell anyone, in fact I bet Colby already did. It wouldn't matter anyway. We're done, it's over and I can't be bothered trying. I'll just allow Colby to tell everyone, which I'm sure he already has.

"We're done, he called it off" I mumbled, gripping the steering wheel with anxiety. Rachel gasped, placing her hand over her mouth, expressing her shock.

"What happened? What did he say?"

"I really don't wanna talk about it so can we please go get ice cream? It's the one thing I drown my sorrows in apart from coffee" a weak smile surfaced on my face, Rachel thinking for a moment before nodding in understanding. I was glad she respected the fact that I didn't want to talk about what happened. Maybe later I'll explain. Just not right now. It's too hard for me. I'll just break down into tears. Something I do often.

-Colby's POV-

As I was packing my things to go back to Kansas for Thanksgiving, Elton, Corey and Sam burst into my room, bombarding me with questions about Briana and I.

"Listen I don't wanna talk about it Alright? Can I please just pack to go home and get to the airport?" I stressfully tugged my hand through my hair.

"Honestly though, you did the same thing to her so why didn't you just talk it through like she did and forgave you?" Sam questioned, sitting on my bed.

"It's complicated"

"It really isn't. You guys are strong, maybe you're just scared" Elton chimed in.

"Or maybe we both showed each other that we cannot trust each other and that we shouldn't be together?" I harshly stuffed things into my suitcase, angry they wouldn't leave me alone.

"Alright dude, let us know when you're ready to go" Corey pushed Sam and Elton out, closing my door. I shook away the thoughts I had about Briana and continued to pack, putting my earphones in and listening to music so I couldn't think about her. We were done and maybe in the future we could be something but for now, we're friends. The feeling of friendship is mutual between us.

A/N

Ayo I'm back hoes. I am so glad this week is over holy shit. On Friday there was ice because it was freezing and while I was walking to school with my friend, freezing my tits off, I slipped on ice and fell but it was funny so LMAOO. Oh yeah and then earlier in the week it was raining and I forgot my umbrella and didn't bring a coat so I got soaked and felt embarrassed when I went into school but I got my hair and shit dry so thank fuck. Anyways, I hope you got some humour out of my pain and I hope your day/night is Gucci!