Chapter 25 "What does your room look like?"

Waking up the next day, my feelings for Colby were strong. I felt a sense of failure, because all this time I had been denying that I liked him and that I hated him but the reality was that I was just hiding my feelings in a very confusing and awkward way. After he had kissed me, I knew exactly how I felt. Ever since then, my smile hasn't left my face. But the reality of it all is that most of the time our crushes don't like us back. Even though Colby did kiss me and has been flirting with me, I'm not sure if he genuinely likes me or if I'm just his way of getting over Castrid. I know, it's silly to think about but there is some logic behind it. My hand flapped around like a fish out of water as I attempted to grab my phone, only for it to hit the floor with a bang.

"Fucksake" I groaned, rolling over to grab it. My eyes caught sight of my moving-glitter phone case that lay on the floor, my hand reaching down to pick it up as I uncomfortably laid over the side of the bed. My thumb pressed on the home button, my phone recognising my thumb print and unlocking. I had many notifications but the most important one was the message from Brennen, asking how we were. I asked him about the trip and if everything was good but unfortunately, it wasn't all puppies and rainbows. Kylie and Brennen had got into their first argument and Kylie had left the hotel early this morning. Her belongings where still there but she wasn't which worried Brennen greatly. I, myself, called her to check on her and she was fine and well. We talked things over and she told me about the argument. My advice may have been shitty, but I wanted to help the situation as best I could. Even if it helped a little, I would be happy. It was around 11:23 and I decided I had been a lazy shit for long enough. Getting myself up, I dragged myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do all of the shit that I usually did. Nothing exciting just washing my face and shit. Today's outfit was,

'Post Malone - I Fall Apart' played on my phone as I brushed through my long tangled brown hair

'Post Malone - I Fall Apart' played on my phone as I brushed through my long tangled brown hair. It was the one thing I hated about waking up. Having to brush through all the tangles that had been created during my sleep was enough to make you want to die. As I finished brushing my hair, I thought I should go and wake Colby up with some coffee. I think I'm gonna try-hard the shit outta this. I skipped down the stairs, my shoes tapping against the wood. I was welcomed by the three dogs, jumping onto my legs, begging for my attention.

"Hey doggos" I stroked each of them, taking care of their needs and letting them run around outside as I made Colby coffee. I had no idea how he liked it so I basically winged it, hoping it would be chill as fuck.

"Alright Briana, don't fuck this up" I carefully picked up the hot coffee cup and carried it upstairs. My knuckles tapped against Colby's door, letting myself in. Colby was fast asleep in his bed, his chest showing and his breathing slow.

"Colby" I whispered, Colby not even flinching. "Pssst!" I tapped his chest, nervously licking my lips as he woke up.

"Oh hey" he smiled sleepily.

"I made you some coffee, I don't know how you like it so excuse my shitty attempt" I really wanted to add on 'to impress you' but I don't feel like being extra today. I'm trying to actually draw him in not fucking make him back away.

"Thank you and it's perfect" Colby looked down at the drink with his jaw dropped. Fuck, all that Starbucks really paid off.

"It's only perfect because I used to be a barista" I winked, awkwardly standing beside his bed.

"No it's perfect because you made it" Colby winked. "Also you can take a seat" Colby pointed at his desk chair that I then made my way over to, sitting down playing with the ends of my hair. Colby and I chatted, mostly flirted, for a good half hour until I had to force him out of bed.

"I do not want to get up" Colby groaned as I pulled his arm up and tried to get him out of bed. I tried my hardest to get him up, him resisting until he gave up and we both ended up ont the floor. Somehow, and don't ask me how, I ended up landing on his chest, us both bursting out laughing.

"Oops" I shrugged, biting my lip as I tried to hold back my laughter.

"Gee, thanks for dragging me onto the floor" he rolled his eyes playfully.

"You're the one that stopped resisting!" I defended.

"Shut the fuck up" he squeezed my cheeks like a grandma would, my cheeks being sore after.

"Nahhhh" I got myself up, holding my hand out for Colby to help him up.

"Now get out so I can get dressed, unless you wanna watch me?" God Colby, where is your dignity?

"I'll pass on that offer" I giggled.

"Oh yeah, what does your room look like?" Colby randomly asked me. Why the fuck does he want to know what my room looks like?

"You don't know what a girls room looks like? I thought you would have seen many girls rooms" I teased.

"I'm not a fuck boy, Briana" Colby sighed. "But in that case, maybe I'll see what colour your room is sometime soon" He winked once again, his dimples showing through.

"Yeah Colby, you'll see my room colour soon" I nodded my head, not fully understanding what he meant until I left the room. Ohhhhh. He means-yeah. If you don't understand, you're way too young.

A/N

Ayooooo, what's good kids. I get my school report next week and I am shitting myself 🙃 also, I don't know if I'm gonna update tomorrow because I'm gonna be out, like I am every weekend with my friends so the likelihood of me updating is slim. But you never know, I might. If you're new to this book and you enjoy it, please add it to your library/reading list and let me know what you think 😊