Chapter 42 "I know these trails very well"

Colby and I came back to Brennen and I's apartment, hand in hand with smiles on our faces. Colby and I were now official. It was so weird to say 'we're official' because up until now, you would have thought that Colby and I completely hated each other. Although all seemed sour then, it was sweet now. We walked through the door laughing, Colby's arm slung around my neck. Brennen was sitting on the couch, head in hands with sniffles being heard.

"Aw Brennen, what's wrong?" I quickly made my way over to him, pulling him into a bear hug. What happened? Why was he so upset? Colby sat next to me, placing his hand on the small of my back and tracing shapes on my skin, a concerned and worried look upon his face. He was worried about his best friend. I don't think I have ever seen Brennen so upset, except for when we were kids and he would fall and scratch his knees.

"Kylie and I are over" He sat up, wiping away his tears, his eyes red and puffy. I wish he would have called us. He shouldn't have to feel shit alone.

"I'm so sorry Brennen" a frown formed on my lips, the smile that was there before smeared away.

"I'm sorry, bro. You really loved her didn't you?" Colby moved his hand and patted Brennen on the back. He was so crushed. I wanted to know the story behind this all. What actually led to Brennen's heart being ripped to shreds. He was so distraught that something bad had to have happened.

"We both did wrong by each other" Brennen's voice was raspy after his crying. I felt like crying just hearing and seeing him.

"What do you mean? What happened?" My hand moved to Brennen's shoulder, pulling him to my side slightly. He took a deep breath and told us what had happened.

"I was flirting with a girl and she kissed a guy. How unloyal are we? I'm so pissed off with not only myself but her" Brennen shook his head from side to side. He then went on to explain what happened when they argued, just before they broke up. "She's right, we're toxic for each other. But she didn't have to just end it like that. Fucksake" Brennen's head fell back into his hands. Colby and I exchanged looks, not wanting to admit that Kylie was right, even if Brennen said she was. All couples argue, so why end so soon? Because of their joint mistakes.

"Well, it's time for a fresh start. It'll hurt a while, the heartbreak, but we'll be there for you every single step of the way" Brennen looked up at me with glossy eyes, the pain in his eyes excruciating.

"Thank you, both of you" he pulled Colby and I into a hug.

"Why didn't you call?" Colby asked him. I knew this would lead to 'yeah, we're dating now' and for Brennen to hear that it could bring back all of the emotions he experience with Kylie. That isn't what we want to do right now, so it's under wraps until then.

"I didn't want to ruin your guys' day just because mine is bad. That doesn't mean you two should have a shitty day either" he shrugged, rubbing his eyes.

"You should call us if you're feeling low. We can always help you even if it's just small" Colby sympathetically smiled at Brennen. He was such a good friend.

"Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna go to my mom's for a little while, hang out with her and shit. I also saw you repping the merch" Brennen cracked a smile at me, remembering my Snapchat I sent earlier.

"Aye!" I pulled my hoodie up to revel the 'Brennen Hub' merch. Brennen left, Colby leaving too because he had editing to do. I got an unexpected call from Kyle. It was so sudden it was almost weird. We hadn't spoke in forever.

"Hey Briana" His voice perked up.

"Oh hey, what's up Kyle?" I walked around the apartment, searching for my earphones.

"Do you wanna come for a walk? I'm walking my sister's dog and I could do with some company"

"Sure! Where do you wanna meet?" I asked, turning up the volume on my phone since it was low.

"I wanted to go on a hike so, Griffith park?"

"Okay, I'll meet you there and we can be hike buddies!" I got excited, ending the call and getting all of the things I needed. My phone was a little low on battery so I brought my charger and plugged it into my car. I started to drive off, noting that the sun was starting to go down. I really didn't wanna be in Griffith Park in the dark. It's scary shit. It'll be cool though. I arrived and parked my car, noticing Kyle waiting for me. Him and I met up and began our hike, getting on so well. It was like we were best friends.

"So how have you been?" He looked at me, adjusting his sister's dog's leash.

"I've been good, what about you?" My hands felt my pockets for my phone, realising I left it in the car. "Crap, I left my phone in the car!" A little bit of panic set in, me trying to calm myself that it wasn't that big of an inconvenience.

"I'm good and don't worry, this trail isn't that long. We'll be back in no time" Kyle gave me a reassuring smile. "I know these trails very well" I sure hope so because I don't. Kyle and I were laughing and all sorts when he decided to let me know that we had taken TWO wrong turns. Not one, not three, TWO wrong turns ladies and gentlemen. How in the fuck does one take two wrongs turns when they know the trail 'very' well. It's safe to say that I am incredibly pissed off. Mostly because my phone is in my car and I can't Google my way out of here. I guess you could say we were officially fucked. Officially.

A/N

Ayeee I'm in such a good mood! Be prepared because much more shit is going to be thrown your way within the next few chapters. Not everything is going to be sweet. All I'm gonna say is you aren't ready. Okay enough said, I hope you enjoyed!