Chapter 52 "loosen up babay"

"Can I get some help here?" Corey had his silly voice on, holding two pegs for his tent in his hands.

"Here" I jogged to him. Picking up the small camping hammer, I lightly tapped on the peg, watching it sink into the soil.

"Well aren't you handy" Corey placed his hands on his waist.

"My dad used to bring my sister, brother and I camping" The corners of my mouth curled into a smile. "One time there was a rat running in circles around our tent" I smirked at Corey who was looking at me with wide eyes.

"Rats?!"

"Chill Corey, she's only playing with you" Sam slapped his back, finishing setting up his tent. When we finished fixing our tents and setting up, the sun began to set over the Los Angeles horizon. Elton was trying to get a fire going, needing some assistance from Briana the camping master.

"Alright get ready" I held a match stick in one hand with the match box in the other, ready to strike the match.

"I'm ready" Elton looked up at me. I stroked the match and a flame appeared. The match fell in between the sticks that Sam had collected earlier, creating a small fire that grew big over time. Elton was recording, suggesting we should go explore.

"I think I'll stay here and watch the fire" I stayed seated next to the fire with my knees tucked up to my chest.

"Are you sure?" Elton raised his eyebrows.

"Yup, now go explore Boy Scouts" I saluted them, watching them walk off into the now dark forest, torches in hand. It was a little boring just chilling next to a fire. Then I remembered I had brought my earphones with me. So I took them out and plugged them into the earphone jack in my phone, listening to some music. Maybe an hour or two went by, with still no sign of the dorks that ventured into the woods. Just as I was swaying side to side to the rhythm of my music, I heard a stick or two break, forcing me to quickly rip my earphones out of my ears.

"Hello?" I held my earphones in one hand and phone in other, trying to see who was there. A few more sticks broke until the boys scared the life out of me, causing me to scream and yell in fear.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" I tossed my phone to the side, picking myself up off of the floor, an angry expression on my face.

"Chill Bri, its just a prank BRO!" Corey yelled, laughing before stopping when I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Not funny" I walked off, planning to grab some more sticks for the fire, grabbing the torch from Corey.

"Where are you going?" Colby called after me, confused.

"To grab some more sticks for the fire. Duh" I rolled my eyes and continued forward.

"Well at least let me come with?!" Colby jogged after me, twigs breaking under his feet. We walked in silence, picking up random sticks we found on the way. "I'm sorry about the scaring you thing" He held the sticks in his arms as I continued to pile more on top.

"It wasn't funny, Colby"

"I know I know, you gotta loosen up a little Briana. You're so tense" Colby sighed.

"I am not tense!" I defended, a bitchy look on my face.

"See! You are tense"

"No I'm not!"

"Are too" Colby and I started to walk again.

"Am not"

"Briana"

"Colby"

"Loosen up babay" he slipped his hand into mine, my hand slipping out as I gathered more sticks.

"I'm completely fine, it's everybody else that has the problem" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Stop being stubborn" He warned.

"I'm not being stubborn" My innocent eyes looked into his.

"Yeah, you are" Colby nodded his head in an obvious manner.

"What made you suddenly seem so 'stop doing this, stop doing that'?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"What made you so stubborn and tense?" He fought back, fixing the sticks on his arms into a much more comfortable position.

"Whatever, I'm gonna grab some sticks and head back to camp. You can follow if you wish" I walked on, collecting my own pile of sticks.

"Yeah, Whatever" Colby sighed and followed me, keeping quiet. We collected some more sticks and started to trek back to the camp, seeing Elton, Corey and Sam listening to music aloud and eating some food.

"Woah, you two look-"

"Pissed? Yeaaah, ask her" Colby sarcastically spat.

"Ask me? You're apart of this too!" I became much more defensive.

"Guys, guys, we're here to have fun right? Chill your beans and sit" Elton handed Colby and I some food, Colby shuffling away from me. Everybody socialised as we sat around the fire, Elton recording again. Corey's worst nightmares came true when Elton pulled out the ouija board, Corey refusing to touch it or play it.

"Come on Corey! It'll be fuuuuun" Elton devishly smirked as he wiggled his eyebrows, making me giggle.

"No bro, I am not playing that shit!" He sat back, seeming totally unaffected by the ouija board's presence. I don't know if it was because the ouija board was right in front of me or if I was just freaking myself out but it felt much more creepy than before. It was almost like the air was thick with intimidation and it was tense. You could cut the tension with a knife it was that thick. My phone began to vibrate and I got up to go and take the call, my mom being the caller.

"Hey mom" I stepped aside to talk to her.

"We have big news honey!" She cheered through the phone, her excitement amazing me.

"What's that?" I asked. She told me what was happening and I almost screamed. "You What?!"

A/N

Hey all, welcome to another part! I feel like this is getting slightly boring so I added in a lil cliffhanger for you ;)