Chapter 57 "It's like we don't wanna know eachother"

I woke up with the awful feeling I had in my stomach driving home a few days ago. No, I'm not gonna puke and I don't feel sick. It was because of my overthinking and shit the past few days.

Brennen was watching some TV whilst editing when I came out my room, giving me a small smile and patting the space next to him.

"What's up? You seem off" He frowned, setting his MacBook next to him to listen to me.

"My grandma's health is deteriorating as we speak and just everything with Colby" I sighed, adjusting my tank top that I wore to her with my shorts.

"I'm really sorry about your grandma, it's awful. Listen, we both know that you and Colby can barely survive without each other. It's the plain and simple truth" Brennen's shoulders went up and down as he had that 'it's a fact' look on his face, his mouth in a lopsided kind of way. Colby and I couldn't live without each other? Yeah, I think he's doing just fine without me.

"Well, that's certainly not true! And anyway, Colby is fine without me, as an I without him" Wow what a lie Briana.

"Yeah, so not true. Colby gets back in like an hour from the airport and you're gonna tell him exactly how you feel"

"Brennen no, we're done. Just accept it because I have to. Colby made his decision so let's just leave it at that Alright?" For some reason I snapped a little, Brennen sighing in annoyance.

"Alright, I'll leave it. Just please don't think about it anymore. Maybe I can set you up with a date" Brennen winked. Hell no. Of course, I wanted Colby back but I couldn't admit that. It's just how it is.

"Can't make any promises that I'll show for that date" I grinned and got up to get myself some food. As I scrolled through my phone waiting for my waffles that I started to make to cook, I got a reminder that today was Sam's birthday.

"Holy shit, BRENNEN?!" I yelled, grabbing his attention as he ran to the kitchen.

"Jesus Briana! Deaf much?" He held his ears. I set my phone down and grabbed his shoulders, looking him dead in the eye.

"It's Sam's birthday!" I jumped around.

"YEAH I'M AWARE" he yelled, trying to mock me yelling before.

"Jesus Brennen! Deaf much?" My voice sounded like a petty little six year old, making Brennen roll his eyes. After eating my amazing Target waffles, I went to my room to get ready for the day.

I was really feeling myself today so I took an Instagram, leaving my jacket to the side for the picture. Almost instantly, Colby liked it, which made me a little happy. It left me smiling down at the notification.

After getting ready and what not, I left the bathroom and went to get Brennen, wanting to drag him to the mall to cop Sam a present and then head to the Trap House. We went in my car, listening to 'anxiety - Blackbear'. I seriously was obsessed with his album 'cybersex'. It was the shit. It took us around twenty minutes until we were actually inside the mall, it being incredibly hard to get a spot to park.

"Alright, since you're a boy, well man, what should I get Sam as a present?" I asked Brennen as we walked. He thought for a moment, not sure himself as to what to get Sam. Since Brennen was absolutely no help to me at all, I got a few small things I thought Sam would like, hopeful he actually liked them. Grabbing a birthday bag, I quickly put everything into the bag and fogged through my car searching for a pen to write a card for him, not forgetting the card.

"Hold this" I handed the bag of Sam's gifts to Brennen, quickly writing on the card and putting it into the envelope, tossing it into the bag. I noticed that Brennen had picked up a present for him too, not remembering him actually looking for something. We drove off to the Trap House, noticing everyone was there. I spotted Colby's red car, slightly nervous to see him. Brennen and I walked inside with our gifts, hearing everybody out back.

"Yo yo! We've got gifts for the birthday kid!" I smiled as everybody looked my direction, Colby looking at me with a blank face. All my feelings came flooding back for him. He looked incredibly handsome today. Like fire as fuck.

"Guys you didn't have to" Sam's face lit up as I handed him my bag, Brennen doing the same. Sam opened up all his gifts, thankfully really liking them. "You guys are the best. Thank you so much" he hugged us, seeming so incredibly happy. Bless. Everybody was socialising and getting along when I unexpectedly got grabbed and dragged inside, ending up face to face with Colby.

"I need to talk to you. It's like we don't even wanna know each other"

A/N

Holy cow I had SO many technical difficulties while writing this. I'm seriously triggered. I can't add the outfit picture or the insta pic so I'll have to use em for another chapter :( hopefully shit will be fine tomorrow. Anyway, have a good day and ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SAM! I just had to put his birthday into this chapter especially since he's 21 today 💙