Chapter 19 "He's a fucking rainbow"

"Go get dressed" I poked Colby, him groaning at me.

"Whyyyy" he whined.

"Because I'm gonna try be a good friend and cheer your grumpy ass up" I slapped his back as I stood up.

"Who said we were friends?" Colby's eyebrows furrowed together. Oh Colby, you don't see my sarcasm, do you? No but seriously, I'm trying to make an effort here and he is not helping.

"I did, not get dressed before I drag you to your room" I crossed my arms, waiting for any sign of movement in him.

"Ooh, kinky" Colby giggled, getting himself up and heading upstairs. I rolled my eyes at him, his silly little joke not amusing me whatsoever. Before I made my way upstairs myself, to get dressed, I took care of the dogs and called Rachel and Xavier to see if they were up to looking after them. Surprisingly, they were buzzed to look after Circa, Buddy and Kobe, which made me happy. I promised them pizza later because they were doing me a favour, so that's probably why they said yes. Either way, I love them to bits. After the dogs were tended to, I jogged up the cold wooden stairs and took one look in my closet, only to be annoyed that I couldn't decide what to wear. It was a reoccurring issue with me. Finally choosing what I wanted to wear, I threw on,

My hair wasn't working today so, I left it in it's sort of wavy-sort of straight way with a hat over the top

My hair wasn't working today so, I left it in it's sort of wavy-sort of straight way with a hat over the top. Hopefully today, Colby and I could actually try to form a friendship between us instead of being enemies. Plus, it was going to be hard living together for the next thirteen days if we don't like each other but if we can at least cope with each other's company, it should be okay. Colby sat waiting for me downstairs, him wearing all black as usual. He was a very colourful person. Rachel and Xavier were coming in an hour so, I told them I would leave a key for them outside, obviously hidden and they would know where it was.

"Woah, you look like a fucking rainbow today" I sarcastically commented on Colby's colour choice.

"I know, I love being so colourful" Colby slipped his phone into his back pocket and stood up, stretching. Colby and I headed out to my car and we started to drive off. "Where are we going?" Colby asked.

"You'll just have to wait until we get there" my thumbs tapped against the leather steering wheel, my teeth biting down on my bottom lip. I was planning on bringing Colby to Tender Greens and then to the batting cages. I feel like the batting cages could help Colby to let out his hatred for me in a nicer way. Maybe whacking a few baseballs could help. Well, I hoped.

"Oh yessss, T Greens is the shit" Colby smiled with excitement like a little kid.

"Brennen told me that you and him go here and I'm hungry as fuck so" I laughed, switching the car off and taking the key out of the ignition. Colby and I went inside to get some food and honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought. We actually seemed like we could stick each other. It was great. Colby and I finished up at Tender Greens and we headed off to the batting cages. I had never actually been to the batting cages before but, now I was getting the chance to experience it.

"Wait, the batting cages?" Colby looked at me as we pulled into the parking lot. Yes my friend, the batting cages. Maybe I shouldn't say friend just yet. Is acquaintance better?

"Mhm, it should help both of us release our hate for each other" I smiled joyfully.

"Yup, whacking balls will totally help" the way Colby said that made me laugh. I was just dirty minded and took it out of context. Ha, I'm funny.

"Trust me, it will" Colby and I walked to go get all set.

"Which setting do you want?" Colby stood in front of the little thing that controls how the balls come at you.

"Easiest one, I have never been to a batting cage before and I'm honestly scared shitless" I nervously held onto the baseball bat, my hands becoming clammy with the thought that I might fuck up.

"Okay, we'll go for the hardest one"

"Colby noooo! Easiest one!" I stomped my feet, Colby laughing at me. I really didn't like him.

"Sorry sorry, easiest one it is" Colby pushed a button and took my hat off of my head, placing it on his own.

"Hat stealer" I narrowed my eyes, placing the hat the guy gave us at the place where you pay and shit on my head and positioning myself to hit the baseball. This was surprisingly easy, until I began to miss the balls. Colby kept purposely distracting me and he knew he was making me angry because he kept laughing.

"Your turn" my smile was purely sarcastic, my hands held out with the hat and bat in them for Colby.

"Watch the pro in action" Colby placed my hat back on my head and went inside the cage. Let's just say, Colby and I were both pretty shit at the cages. The sky fell dark as Colby and I walked back to my car, a cola drink in our hands. I feel like we've gotten closer today. And I was happy with it.

"Colby, can I ask you a question" my hand fumbled around looking for the seat belt so I could buckle it.

"Hm?" He put away his phone, chewing on his straw.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked, innocence in my eyes like a little child.

"Because" Colby paused. "You're perfect" You what? You have got to be kidding me. This is some kind of joke.

"You're joking, right?" A nervous laugh came out of me, my cheeks burning red.

"No, I'm dead serious" Colby's face remained straight and stern.

"Colby, you just-wow" the car was left in an eerie silence since he had said that. I was so confused. More confused than before.

A/N

Hey all, sorry for no update last night. I stayed out really late and ended up being too tired to write. I hope you enjoyed this part, and let me know how you like this so far 😋