Chapter 26 "Somebody is jealous"

After my little chat with Colby, I realised I had a few errands to run. First on the agenda was going back to Brennen and I's apartment to clean it up and all that shit. Grabbing my keys off of the table and flicking through my phone, I headed out to my car. When I arrived at the apartment, I parked my car and walked up the steps to the door. My hands reached into my denim jacket pockets, fumbling around for my keys which weren't there. The annoyance set in that I would have to turn back to go and get them, until I heard somebody's car pull up. Instead of turning around, I pretended like I couldn't hear them and instead waited until their feet walked up the steps.

"You forgot your keys" the familiar deep voice of Colby Brock made me turn around and come face to face with him.

"Oh, thanks" I smiled, retrieving the keys from him as his face went beetroot.

"No problem. Do you need any help?" Colby asked me, his hands buried deep in his pockets.

"Uh, yes. If you want to of course" I shyly, turned around to put the key in the door.

"I did offer Briana" Colby chuckled, making me slightly nervous that he was right behind me. I opened the door to the apartment and felt somebody slap my bottom, a yelp escaping my lips.

"What was that for?" I turned around, clutching my bottom as Colby's lips curled into a cute smile, his shoulders shrugging. I frowned at the sight of a knocked over vase of flowers that Brennen's mom had got us because we had reunited.

"Aw man, this sucks" I bent down to pick up the water soaked flowers and the vase, water all over the floor. How did they even fall over in the first place?

"I'll go get paper towels" Colby jogged to the kitchen, returning with paper towels in hand. He bent down next to me, mopping up the water. "Ski-bop" Colby yelled as he pushed me over onto my ass. God dammit. Do not kneel down next to Colby otherwise he will push you off of your balance. Not kind at all.

"Stopppp" I whined, getting back up and picking up the flowers and vase.

"But it's fun" he threw the wet paper towels at me.

"It's really not" Colby held his hands up as mine connected with his, our fingers intertwining as we pushed against eachother.

"This is fun too" Colby smirked as I quickly dropped my hands and awkwardly went to clean up. You could tell how amused Colby was at my embarrassment and realisation of what we were doing. Do not give in, Briana. I wanted to so bad. My heart was telling me to give in to him but my mind was telling me not to. There wasn't really much to clean, apart from the vase, so I went to go get Colby who was watching the TV.

"Come on, I'm finished here" I poked his shoulder.

"Okie dokie" he swung his legs off of the foot rest and got up, switching the TV off. Colby and I headed out and I locked the door.

"So what're you doing today? I'm kinda bored so I was wondering if I could tag along. You know, because we're best chums" he elbowed me in my side. Ouch.

"I gotta go to the mall and get my nails done. I guess you can join" I looked down at my nail polish chipped nails and felt happy that I was now getting something done to them.

"Cool, could you follow me back to the house so I can get in your car instead of having to drive behind you?" he scuffed the front of his shoes off of the ground.

"Sure" I nodded, skipping down the stairs to my car. Doing just as Colby said, we were finally on our way to the mall. 'Shining - Beyoncé' played softly on the radio as I drove with one hand, the other keeping my head up as I leant against the window on my hand. My mind was all over the place, thinking about various things. Mostly about Colby, but we won't discuss that.

-Colby's POV-

I had read the card that Briana got from Kyle, even though it was completely nosey, I couldn't help it and ever since then I felt pissed that she didn't mention anything about him trying to come onto her. Not that it's my business but I just feel protective. She thinks I'm kidding when I flirt but deep down I just wanna tell her. It's too early though. It makes me mad looking at her and not being able to call her mine but it's not my place to say anything like that. I could tell she was playing hard to get though. Maybe it was in her nature to. Or maybe she just didn't wanna let anything happen between us. Like leading me on, but that isn't Briana. She's too nice for that. When we were in the mall, she skipped around looking at clothes and various other products. I couldn't help but smile at her beauty. Her presence made you happy.

"Colby? Colby?!" She snapped me out of my trance.

"Uh, yeah?" I coughed, hiding my embarrassment from her.

"What about this one?" She held up a top that suited her pretty well.

"Yeah, it looks nice" I nodded. She smiled happily at me as she ran off to the changing rooms, leaving me to browse the shop. I got a scare as I bumped into Castrid, us both almost falling to the ground.

"Colby? What're you doing here?" She smiled happily at me. Why was she so damn happy? Right, cause she ended it and not me. Even so, wouldn't she be sad seeing me?

"I'm with-" before I could speak, I felt somebody slip their hand into mine in secrecy from Castrid.

"I was just giving Colby lessons in shopping for girls" Briana said from behind me. Briana held my hand? She's either jealous that Castrid is here or she's insane. Let's go with the jealousy thing.

"Aw, cute. You two would make a great couple" Castrid put on a smile, obviously trying to hide her annoyance. Castrid said goodbye to us both and walked off, leaving me confused and Briana in a state of jealousy.

"So why did you hold my hand?" I smirked at an obviously embarrassed Briana.

"I didn't!" She was quick to defend herself even though we both knew what was going on.

"Jealoussss" my voice was high pitched as she stormed off, only making me even more amused. Oh Briana, you amuse me so much. So so much.

A/N

Oi Oi, what's happening peeps? I have three tests tomorrow and how much have I revised? Shit all mate. I'm getting B's in my Child Development and History classes but the rest are most likely really bad grades. Anyway, enough about me! Today we were on 599 reads I believe and somehow we shot up to 700 and something and I'm really happy that people are discovering this book! I hope you are enjoying and let me know what you think so far ❤️😋