19: The Day There Was Another Color Other Than Black and White

Start from the beginning

"Everyone in?" Marcus radioed his fellow guards and they all replied positively. We arrived at my hotel in just a few minutes. Everyone who was with me for this trip went to their rooms and settled in. Silence greeted me as I entered the suite and I breathed out a relief my body relaxing from the flight. I put my bags on the chair and began to undress. I was taking my tie off when my personal phone rang. I took it out of my pocket and saw that it was Gabriel calling.

"Hey man." I greeted him as I took my shoes off.

"Hey. You in New York?"

"Yeah. I have to see my restos here." I replied taking my socks off this time.

"I see. I can't call you with your home number so I guessed you're out of the country."

"Sorry for not telling you."

"It's okay. Anyway, your boy's files are very hard to find." He began to talk about Dante.

"Yeah. Sorry for that." I chuckled as I heard him sigh.

"But did you find anything interesting? Any bones in the closet?" I asked. I wanted to make sure that my employees have good record and I tended to keep it that way.

"Yeah. It's very interesting..." He trailed off and I heard papers being flipped at the other line.

"There are no bones in the closet." He began to state what he had in his report.

"I'm glad." He chuckled.

"Don't say that yet. And... hmmm... let's see." He's dragging the report. He's playing with me.

"Don't play with me, Gabriel. I'm very tired." I heard him let out a soft laugh but there's something off with him.

"Yeah. Yeah. Okay here it is. His real name is not Dante. It's Nyle." Nyle?

"Nyle?"

"Yeah. Damn that kid but he's really hard to find. My team has to trace their line in Tuscany, Greece and America."

"Where is he originally from?" I asked my best friend.

"He was born in Greece. And it's true,"

"What is true?"

"He's a Kairis."

"Is he related to her?" My heart began to race not knowing what to say with this information being transmitted to me.

"Closely related, man. Nyle is her brother. His little brother. Small world, isn't it?" I paled at the information and I felt goosebumps all over my skin. Nyle is her brother. For all these years, she had no clue that she has a brother. She has someone in her family left.

"Are you sure?"

"100%." He replied confidently.

"Okay. Thanks, man."

"No problem. You owe me. My team had to worked their asses off for this case. Even Caralei's friend, Voj, helped."

"Wait... Isn't that the man that wanted Caralei?"

"Not anymore." I chuckled. He's still bitter about it. He didn't want anyone talking about Caralei with another man.

"Don't change the subject. What are you going to do about this? You have employed him. Her brother is working for you."

"I'll think about it."

"But you know it's the right thing to do, right?" I knew what he was talking about. I scratched the back of my neck. Am I ready for this?

"Yeah. I am going to talk to Biya."

"Yeah. You should. You really look like shit, to be honest."