28

Jennifer's POV.

"This is your place. Your office...your desk, your laptop, by the way, you can take it home if needed. Oh...well, couch, little coffee table and so on and so on, this is your place. This is the view, which in my opinion, is one of the best. Isn't it?" Miguel finished and I was astonished.

"I- yes. It's stunning." I muttered and he smiled. "I know." "So, no more secretary, no more intern shit...?"
I asked just in case, this was too good to be real.

He shook his head. "Not really, you're actually going to get an assistant, and well, for now and until you get used to everything, you're going to be working with me. But that's just for a few months until you get how the whole system works, or as soon as you learn everything you need to." He explained and smiled a little.

"That sounds good. Amazing. I'm-" I walked over to him and hugged him tightly. "I'm so thankful. Really, words are not enough." I said. "I understand...don't worry, you're here because you deserve to be here. You're amazing and know a lot already. I reviewed your exams and I was there for the interview. You're what we are looking for. I'm glad Ally introduced you to us." He winked and smiled softly. "Thank you! Thank you very much for that." "It's okay...speaking of." He looked down his wrist, "it's getting late and I'm having lunch with her. You can go for lunch or whatever, again, this is your place, you can decorate it however you want to and do whatever you want. Welcome to the company. You start tomorrow. I'll see you later." "Nice, tell Ally I say hi!" "Will do." He said and kissed my cheek before leaving quickly.

I leaned over the desk, looking around. I couldn't believe this.

I was so happy and so excited for this. I, of course, had someone in mind, the only person I thought about when I was happy (I thought about her in general) and I wanted to tell someone.

"Baby! You won't believe what just happened! I got the job and-"
"Hi...this is nurse Katy, doctor Remini is on surgery right now, she's about to finish I believe, I'll let her know you called, I'm sorry."
"Oh..."
"I'm sorry. Congratulations on your job though!" She said.
I sighed, "yeah, thanks." I hung up. Nice.

Well, whatever, I'd tell her later.

I turned my phone off and gave my office a final look before walking out.

"Hello..." I heard behind me when I was waiting for the elevator. I turned around slowly, I didn't know if it was towards me.

"Hey." She waved happily. "Oh, hey."

"My name is Alexa...you can call me Alex." She said and I smiled at her. "Nice to meet you Alexa, I'm Jennifer." We shook hands. "I was just heading out for lunch, maybe you wanna join me?" She asked nicely. She was so extremely nice, she was the kind of person that would be so easy to get along with. It didn't feel weird or anything.

"I- sure. I was actually on my way to find myself some food." I laughed a little.
"Fantastic." She smiled widely and we walked inside the elevator. I noticed her accent.

Her eyes were honey but this really light tone, her skin was lighter than mine, but not as much as Ally's. She looked actually kind of tanned, her hair was long and kind of messy, it was brown with highlights in a very light tone of yellow, almost close to white. She was stunning and a very outgoing person. And to top it all, her accent was hot as fuck.

"So, you're new here right?"She asked.

We were sitting on a pretty little cute restaurant near the building.

"I guess so." I giggled. "Oh no no, I mean...because you can be  just one of those that they bring from another state, or even another country. It happened with me. That's why I ask."  She smiled. "Ohhhh, I see. Well no, I'm just from here. Nothing too fancy. Where are you from?"
"Australia." "So that explains the accent." I laughed a little. "Pretty much, yeah." "Can I ask you to do something?" I needed to do it. "Oh, sure...well it depends." She smiled. "Can you say 'here' ?" I asked shyly. She laughed out loud. "Yea, sure. You ready?" She smirked. "Sure!" I laughed. "Here." "God!!!!" I placed my hand over chest.

I was going to have so much fun with her around. Her accent was unbelievable sexy.

"You'll keep me entertained." I winked at her and she just laughed. "No problem, would be a pleasure." She said and gave me this look. I'm pretty sure I blushed. I looked down and then away from her.

"Okay so, what do you do? Or what are you going to do?" She asked.

"I just graduated from business management. So I'm going to be assisting with that. We are going to be reviewing some businesses here and there. Giving some option, assisting with production and verification. I heard you guys are getting into some new stuff and need guidance. It's about to get interesting." I smiled.

"You're going to have a lot to be entertained with. Since we are currently at the best moment, we have been handling a lot of business right now, I'm happy to have you on the team. If Miguel got you in, you must be amazing." She said. "That's flattering, thank you. I hope I do good." I made a face and she laughed, "I'm sure you will." "And what about you? what do you do?" "Well...I'm an economist, finances are my thing. I also made some post-grade on business management, so we are basically twins." She smirked at me. "That's nice!! Excited to work with you. How old are you? If you don't mind answering." "Noo! It's completely okay, age is just a number. I'm 29. Almost 30. Looking like 19, I know...don't even mention it." She rolled her eyes and laughed a little. "You look more like 23." I bit my nail and she was shocked, she laughed. "Well thanks, that's nice from you. No but for real, you should see me without any makeup and my hair up, basically me on a Sunday, I look 18. No joke." "I bet." I said sarcastically. "You wanna bet? I'll go pick you up on Sunday, let's go for brunch." She said. "Deal." "Perfect. No makeup, and it's going to be like my little sister picking you up. You'll see." She said.

So...we just made plans for Sunday I believe.

I'm telling you, she was the easiest person to get along with.

"So that's my number." She gave me her card and wrote her phone number behind it. "Text me your address and on Sunday I'll go pick you up, I know a place, it's really yummy." "Alright good, I'll text you."

I held the card, it was perfect, just like her.

Alexa S. Anderson.

___________