10

Jennifer's POV.

"So?" She gave me a look. "So? What?" "What happened?" "It's not like if you weren't eavesdropping." I raised my eyebrows playfully and walked towards my room. "Oh Jen come on!" "What!? Ally, I swear she's just a friend, if there was something: number one, you'd know and number two...I'd tell you, so it's whatever, it's seriously nothing but a new friend." I said and dragged myself to bed.

A really attractive new friend.

-

A week after I was deep into books, loads of things still left for me to review them. I knew every single thing, but I still needed to take a look at it before finals.

It was Thursday, probably around 9:00PM when my phone started ringing.

Oh...Leah.

"Hi there!" I replied happily.
"Hey!"
"What's up?"
"Well, I was actually calling wondering if you had plans for tomorrow?"
"It depends. What time?"
"Tomorrow night sounds okay to you? Dinner? A few drinks? It's much needed." She laughed softly and I smiled, "Sure, that'd be nice."
"Wonderful...then I'll pick you up at 7. Be ready...have a goodnight." She said softly. "Okay! You too!" I hung up and got ready for bed. It was enough already. I was dead, literally, dead.

I heard a knock on the door and then Ally let herself in, as usual.

"Sup?" She sat in my bed looking at me. "About to go to sleep." I said. "Oh well, before you do that, Karine and I will go a conference tomorrow, after class, there's this huge company coming all the way to the campus and they're gonna be doing some sort of round table." "Hmm, sounds interesting, what time is that?" "Like 3 until 4, maybe a little more. I just know it starts at 3" she shrugged and started scrolling through her phone. "Okay, text me when you get out of class then." "Perfect. I will." "How's your ankle?" "Much better. I'm better." She gave me a closed smile and walked out. She was hurt. I bet she wasn't expecting Matt to do the things he did. Such a huge disappointment. I feel sorry for her.

-

"Okay, that guy over there is pretty hot." I heard Ally said. We were currently sitting down waiting for this whole conference thing to start. I was just going through my phone. I followed Leah on Instagram and to be honest I'm pretty amazed at all her posts. It's like they're taken with a professional camera or something. Selfies, pictures on operation rooms, with friends, candids....etc. It was so...perfect. The last one she posted was a selfie holding a cup of coffee and the caption went something like "extra large coffee for an extra large day😩 #surgeryalldaylong" and it was two days ago. I'd check her account often to see if there was something new, obsessed much? Probably.

"I swear that guy hasn't stopped looking at us." Karine said. "At us? You mean at Jen." Ally said and that made me look up, "What the fuck are guys talki- oh...oh well hello there handsome." I smirked a little and then laughed, Ally and Karine joined me and we started talking about how hot this guy was. He had brown perfect hair, this sexy beard, his body was pretty nice— not that I could judge much but it seemed nice. His eyes were blue, I think. He wasn't close enough to be sure about it. He was wearing a baby blue long sleeve shirt with a red wine tie and some dark blue pants with a jacket on, that not too long after he got to the conference room, he took off. He rolled his sleeves up making him look 1000 times sexier. I was staring hard at him when our eyes met. I didn't look away, I just stayed there looking at him. He smiled and I unconsciously brought my nail to my mouth and in between my teeth, biting the end of it just a tiny bit. He laughed a little and soon after turned around and started doing something on the laptop that was placed on one of the desks in front of us.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Ally whispered a little too loud. "I don't know but he's extremely hot, I mean...come on, hit on me already." I made a face and Ally slapped my shoulder playfully. "I'm serious!!!" I raised my eyebrows. "I bet you are, I mean who wouldn't. Look at him...he's hot." Ally said and I nodded, again, staring hard at him. He looked up from his laptop and noticed me, he just smiled and looked down again.

After almost hour and a half of listening to this man whose name was Gino, the whole thing was finally over. It was some kind of orientation thing. He talked about what the company does and then started offering jobs interviews and whatnot, I got half of the things he said, I was too lost in his eyes.

I stood up and grabbed my purse throwing it over my shoulder. "We are going out tonight, do you wanna go with us?" Karine asked me. "Not really, I have plans. But thank you though, you have fun." I said the last words and I felt a hand on my arm. When I looked up Karine and Ally's faces were hilarious, so I kind of figured who would it be. I smiled and turned around to find this Gino guy smiling softly at me.

"Hi." I said. "We are gonna wait outside." Ally said and I guess they left.

I was too lost in his eyes, that by the way, yes, they were blue, this beautiful light blue— well, not too light, but it was a beautiful blue. Moving on...

"Hey. Did you like it?" He asked. "You mean the conference?" I smiled. He laughed a little, "Well yeah, what else would it be?" Well...I could think of some other things...

"You're right. Yes! I did, pretty interesting." He nodded. "My name is Gino, Gino Pesi." He stuck his hand out for me. "I'm Jennifer Lopez, nice to meet you." I shook his hand. "Really nice to meet you too." He nodded. "Do you wanna go for coffee or something?" He asked and I tilted my head a bit, looking at him, "I'd really love to but I can't, I have to be somewhere soon, maybe another day?" I suggested and he nodded, "How can I reach out to you?" He asked. "You could ask for my number." I teased and he chuckled, "Right...here, type it." He handed me his phone and so I did, "Call me sometime." I winked and handed his phone back, "I'll get going now." I leaned closer and hugged him briefly, "I hope you have a nice afternoon." I smiled and he did too, "You too, Jennifer." I turned around and started walking outside the room where Ally and Karine were waiting for me.

"Ohhhhhh, my god! Ahhhhh! Tell me everything." Ally started jumping up and down like a kid. I laughed. "Well, he got my number so..." I flipped my hair playfully and they gasped. "When are you two going out?" Karine asked and I looked over my shoulder to inside the room to see what he was doing. He was just talking to a group of students.

"I don't know, I told him to text me sometime, I'm busy tonight so." I shrugged and we started walking away. All of the sudden my phone started ringing and it was a unknown number.

"Hello?"
"Jennifer?"
"Yes, who is this?"
"It's Gino...I was just making sure." I laughed a little, "You thought I would give you the wrong number? Ha! Well I didn't."
"I see that. Well, have a great day!"
"You too!" I hung up and shook my head.

Oh boy.

____________

Happy new year again. Lol! Vote and comment