9

Jennifer's POV.

I woke up and the first thing I did was check my phone. I scrolled through my notifications and noticed I had a message from Leah.

iMessage
Leah Remini.
4:50AM

"I'm sorry I had to go like that, that's like the thing I hate the most, I wasn't expecting it. I hope you're not mad. It was fun to hang out with you."

I smiled at that.

8:30AM
"It's totally okay, I get it. I enjoyed it! Thank you for dinner, by the way. Hope you have a good day."

I sent it and then went to get ready to start my day.

Throughout it I got a text from her, and I found myself smiling at my phone. I was excited to get a text from her, I could get used to that notification.

Leah Remini.
iMessage.
3:20PM
"I hope you're having a good day. "

3:40PM
"Same to you. How did that surgery go?"

iMessage
Leah Remini.
3:41PM
"It was successful, but the recovery....😕😕"

3:42PM
"Oh damn...I'm sorry, hope he gets better."

After that she stopped replying and I just finished my day. When I came back home Ally was sitting on our living room floor. She had a bunch of pages everywhere, books and stuff. I was...impressed actually.

"Hello..." I looked at her weird and she looked up and smiled softly, "Hi there." "How's your ankle?" "It's getting better. It still hurts. I have no idea how I'm gonna get up from here but we good." She shrugged. I giggled and walked into my room. I got a shower and put pjs on. My day consisted on classes and tutoring until late night and then I stayed in the library studying. There wasn't a right word to describe how done I was with all of this.

I walked into the kitchen looking for food and Ally started talking.

"How was dinner?" "I don't know, I haven't had it, I'm about to." I played dumb. "JENNIFER!" she screamed and I ran to her. "WHAT?" "Bitch sit down, tell me how was dinner...last night, with my doctor." "She's not your doctor. And it was fine, she left earlier because she had an emergency surgery." "Oh that's fancy." She teased and I rolled my eyes walking inside the kitchen again. I was starving. I ended up having cereal...and a package of gummy bears.

Healthy.

"What are you doing?" I sat on the sofa just looking at her writing things down. "What does it look like?" "I don't know..." I was bugging her. "Fuck off." She snapped and I laughed. "You know...I just ate but I'm hungry, so I think I'll order food." I shrugged and walked to my room to look for my phone. "Do you want anything?" "What are you getting?" "Chinese, obviously." That was my go-to. "Okay then, my usual order, you already know."

When I was about to make the call my phone started ringing.

Leah Remini.

"Oh..."

"Hello?"
"Hi there."
"Hm Leah! How are you?" I made a face and Ally looked up at me.
"I'm great... I was wondering if you were busy?"
"Not at all. Why?"
"Open the door then."
She said and I froze in there.
"What?" I laughed nervously and made my way to the door...I opened it and there she was, with that freaking smile and a bag of...food? Oh my-.