36

Jennifer's POV.

But she didn't know that, she wasn't asking that. So...

"She's my coworker." "Oh, okay, well let's get going." She said and we left. I did my makeup as quick as possible and it turned out just great.

"There we go, have a nice day. I'll call to pick you up for dinner, if anything changes I'll let you know." She smiled. "Alright, I'd like you for dinner...I mean I would like to have dinner with you." I smirked and she laughed. "Clever. I loved that. I'll see you tonight." She giggled and leaned closer, "have a good day, baby." I grabbed her face, kissed her and then got out of the car and walked inside.

"You're kinda late." Alexa giggled. "I- I know...I'm sorry. I texted you." "I know, I'm just messing around, don't worry. You're fine. Miguel wanted to see you, though." She said and smiled. I looked up with my eyes wide open. "Relax, it's nothing serious...well, work related but you're fine." She said and then left.

Sigh.

I walked to his office and knocked on the door.

"Come on in." He yelled from the inside. I opened the door slowly and walked in.

"Hey, Jen." "Hi! How are you doing? How was Vegas?" "Oh, it was nice. Very eventful, you haven't had time to catch up with Ally, but you will and she's going to tell you how amazing it was." He smiled. "She texted me pictures and stuff. I'm glad you two had a nice time together." "I had to work but we had a nice weekend." He looked down and closed his laptop. "That's good to hear. " I smiled. "Please, take a seat I wanna catch up with you." "Sure."
"So, Alexa told me about you wanting to choose the hospital as the company you wanted to represent."
"Yes! I was offered a few. I went through all of them, but I liked that one the most, I feel like it's the one with more potential. It's a research on something that could one day be the cure of cancer. I mean...you know...it's pretty interesting and really worth it. I'd give it a shot. Besides I was reading about it and that's the most popular hospital with the most amazing doctors, I can confirm it. We should give it a shot." I said and he nodded. "Okay...good call out. So do you have any presentation?" "I do have something I've been working on." "Perfect! Then whenever you have time or when you finish it, you can send it over. Tomorrow we have a meeting with the board, so you can come with me, see how everything works and all that stuff." "Okay good, that'd be perfect." "Wonderful! Anything else you'd like to talk about?" He smiled and I shook my head no. "I'm good." "Perfect. Then I'll go now, I have a meeting in an hour and it's pretty far away from there. I'll be back probably later. Have a nice day." He said and started walking out. "Oh same to you!" I smiled and walked to my office.

-

I was in the middle of reading an email when I received a text from Leah. Those were my favorites. My mood could be shitty as hell, but once she popped up on my phone everything was better, it doesn't matter what it was. The fact that it was her.

Leah: iMessage
4:02pm.

"Hi baby...I'm getting out of surgery now. The last one. I left an intern in charge of my preps and there's an attending taking care of my patients just in case. So I'm free. I'll change my clothes and go pick you up. I'll text u when I'm down."

So cute.

And just as she told me, she got there like fifteen minutes after. We drove over this nice Italian restaurant and had a really nice dinner together. It felt so good to be with her and don't be all frustrated knowing she would leave at any minute.

"So Jen...I have this thing on Sunday...I really forgot about...my little sister is getting married and I was wondering if...maybe you'd like to come with me?" "As your date?" "Yes. As my date." "Are you wearing a suit?" I was messing with her. "Hm...no...I like dresses so we are both going to wear them. I have a place we can go look them up. But, would you go with me?" "Sure! Why not? That'd be really fun and I love spending time with you." "You'd meet my family."

Ohhh...what?

"I'm not very sure how I feel about that since I literally have no clue about them, I literally know nothing, I'm already stressed. But...I like the idea. If you want me to do it, then I'll do it. " I smiled and kissed her softly. "Thank you, baby." "So when are we going to go shopping for the dress?" "Well, since you're free and I'm free..."  she said. "which is pretty weird..." I added. She rolled her eyes and smiled, "why don't we go for it now? Let's try and see if we find something!" "Sure! I love shopping." I was all excited. "I- I don't, unless it's for shoes or ...scrubs ...but I can handle it, you make it way better, I'm not gonna lie." She said and smiled. I kissed her.

And the rest of my evening was spent with Leah, looking for dresses for her sister's wedding.

She was going to introduce me to her family...I was lowkey excited, terrified, nervous and the list goes on.

________________________