8

Jennifer's POV.

I walked inside the restaurant fifteen minutes later. I felt terrible. I was just praying she wouldn't be mad or anything.

She was sitting there on her phone. I walked over and she looked up and it took a double look to notice it was me. She stood up and smiled. "I'm sorry I'm late." I made a face. "It's okay. I got here like five minutes ago. You look really good." She bit her lip and I smiled. "Thank you, so do you." She was wearing a tight maroon long sleeve dress with a V cleavage. She looked amazing. I took my jacket off and we both sat down.

"So, how was your day?" I asked as I was scanning the menu. "It was good, eventful. I got on a surgery after you left last night and I was there until like five in the morning. I got to rest for like three hours, then I had another minor one, that's why I was late." "Oh my- you haven't had any sleep since this morning?" "Exactly." She giggled looking down at the menu. "Jesus Christ...How do you do it? I'd be dead. In first place I'd have cancelled this. Just to head back home and sleep." She shook her head. "I'm just used to it. And...Not that I wanted to cancel this, I was actually looking forward to this. But after this I'm heading home, hopefully." She told me and by that time a waitress was walking towards us asking for our order.

"So..." Leah started and that's when we made eye contact, "Your friend...she didn't fall down the stairs by accident, did she?" She asked and placed her hand under her chin just looking at me. I sighed. "No, clearly...Her boyfriend, or ex boyfriend, pushed her...and the first time was his fault too." "That was pretty bad, pretty close to a broken rib, that's like one of the most painful things...is she still with him?" She asked sipping from her drink. "I don't know, I mean...at first she made me believe that, but then I came home and she was crying over her ankle...So I don't know, I'm trying to get her to do the right thing, but it's like she won't listen." "She must be in love...that's what happens when you fall for someone." "He claims to love her." I shrugged. "You just don't destroy the person you love, so that's debatable." Leah said with this tone, it was low and like she actually knew what she was talking about. She looked down for a second and then sighed.

"Hope she chooses to do the right thing..." she said. "Yeah, I have a feeling she's gonna have to go through another situation to realize what's the right choice though. Anyways- enough of her...What's your specialty?" I asked. "I'm a general surgeon. I prefer to be with kids...so that's why I was at the pediatric area when you saw me...but yeah I'm here and there." She explained. "That's freaking amazing." I was fascinated. "Wait but...are you still training or?" "Nope...I'm an attending. Which means I completed it all..." "Wait..So how old are you!?" I was trying to put two and two together but I wasn't sure how many years you needed of...training? Okay sure, we will go with that.

She laughed a little and bit her lip. "I'm sorry I'm asking questions like crazy I just-" "Totally okay, I'll gladly answer them all....I'm 27, I'll be 28 in a few months..." she winked, "I graduated when I was 17 and got into medical school right away. I- I was a really good student so yeah..." she made a face a shrugged. "That's...woah...okay one last question and then you can come at me...What medical school did you go to?" I looked at her and she shook her head. "Do I really need to answer that?" "Yes! I mean- if you want to...but why wouldn't you want to?" Shit...I am so nosy. Damn.

She laughed, "Well...I don't know, people don't take it way too seriously." "Tell me." "Stanford." She said firmly. "Well shit." I was speechless, "So you're a fucking genius." She laughed, harder this time. "Okay okay, enough about me, I feel like you're overwhelmed, there's a lot I've gone through, I'll tell you more about my life later...as in, future kind of later." She smiled and looked at me. That. Smile.

"Overwhelmed? I'm speechless. You're so freaking beautiful and you're smart as hell, I'm- woah." Leah rolled her eyes and shook her head. By that moment our food was served.

"So what about you?" She asked, "What do you do for a living?" "Ha! It's not even half of the awesome of what you do...I'll graduate in three weeks. Well...two...Business management." I smiled and shrugged. "Really?" She wasn't expecting that. "Mhm. I work as an intern for some company, nothing too exciting, but they pay me really good so that's nice, plus I meet people and that is also good." I laughed a little and shoved food in my mouth trying to avoid her asking anything else. I was embarrassed. She was this huge thing and I was...well.

"That is good. Money is always good!" She winked.

"So how old are you?" "I'm gonna be 25 in a few months. I graduated early but I took a year off."  I explained. "Oh okay...and...do you like what you're doing? Like...What you're studying...do you like it?" "Honestly? Not that much at the beginning, but by the time I had to choose, I didn't know what I wanted, I was pretty lost and so it was easy for my dad to persuade me." "Oh that sucks. I'm sorry." She made a face and looked at me concerned. "You seem pretty fascinated with the whole medical thing why didn't you study that?" "Well, by then I wasn't even sure about that. I kinda like it but, it wasn't an option I guess. I don't know...it's pretty late to regret it, even though I do. I'm exhausted. I don't know if I would go through all of this, just to be a doctor and Yano" she smiled. Fuck that smile. "Right...Yeah it's a lot, I hope you can just make the best out of what you have. Are you a good student though?" She asked and I'm pretty sure she smirked at me. "I am. Really good actually. I started believing I would suck, but yeah I get along with numbers pretty well by now." "That's good! What is it called again?" She started typing something on her phone. "Hmm my career? Business Management." "Hmm okay." She finished typing something and then put her phone down.

Halfway through the meal her pager started beeping.

"Oh no." She sighed looking at me biting her lip. She pulled it out and checked it. "Shit." She mumbled and looked at me again. "I am so sorry, but I need to go. I wasn't on call but this is my patient and he's gonna need surgery again, I need to go." Leah said, feeling very sorry. "I- okay...I understand." "I'm sorry, this was the last thing I wanted to happen. I'll make it up to you, as soon as I can. I'll call you..." she stood up. "I'm sorry." She apologized again and touched my hand squeezing it. "I'll talk to you later." "It's okay, take care." I said and she left. Well...

I finished my dinner and when I asked for the check the waitress told me Leah paid for it already. I smiled. She was sweet. But I didn't know if this was the smartest move. Not that I wanted to be in a relationship with her, which I did want I guess, but still, she was an extremely busy person and well, needless to say that I needed attention and if we were going to be a thing it'd need it also. Anyways, we were not there.

After that I just went home, I was tired. Surprisingly Ally was asleep and everything seemed to be just fine so I went to bed too. Long night...

_________

Oooohhhh shiettttt

Vote.