12

Jennifer's POV

"So when I was fifteen, I started working with my dad, I started saving up. Every Christmas, every birthday, every special occasion., everything. I wouldn't spend a penny, I saved all that. Since I have a big family that meant more people giving me money- except for my grandmother, my mom's mom. She would always give me a cozy sweater, always- even though right now, I miss getting her gifts... she passed away five years ago." Leah said and I saw how she was down the hill of depression again... oh no...

"I'm sorry... but okay, keep on going... don't be sad please." I looked at her and she sighed and smiled softly. "Alright well. That's how I made it. When I was close enough, I was already working at the hospital and I was able to afford it and a car... and ... well yeah, basically it... my parents helped me out with the whole decoration and stuff and that's how I made it. This is basically new I mean, it's been mine for like what? Three years? I think two... anyways." she finished and also finished her glass of wine.

"That is awesome." I was speechless.

It's always good to see someone whose life is all figured out and put together so perfectly, maybe because mine wasn't even close to that, maybe that's why when I put Leah's as an example, that was the best thing ever.

"Anyways!!! What about you? Tell me about yourself..." she said as she poured wine on my glass. "Well..." I looked down at my glass and started playing with it. "There's not much actually, you know... you already know I live with Alessia...and that I'm finishing college... My life is kind of a mess. It's under control but it's a mess." I shrugged and she just smiled softly. She didn't say anything, she didn't have to, her look was so comforting, it made me feel like I could just go ahead and tell her everything I felt, things I never wanted to tell anyone. She made me feel at home, some place I could easily feel at peace with myself, not judged, just being me.

I took a sip from my glass and continue. "I thought things would be different. I had my life figured out by the age of ten. I knew what I wanted to be and do when I was older, of course I wasn't even close to know how life would be once I was older. It was all a mess. I guess I was expecting something I never received." I finished my glass of wine and looked up at her. She was just looking at me with this 'I'm sorry' face. I normally hate that, but hers was cute.

She moved her hand over mine and stroked it softly. "I'm sorry...hope it was a lesson, never expect anything from anyone, it never ends up good." She said and I sighed. "It's hard not to expect anything from anyone, sometimes there's just nothing else to do but to expect, I guess. Mostly from people you're related to, it's common, you always expect their best." "True... but sometimes we expect way too many things and it only leads us to disappointment. It's never good." She insisted. "You're right." I said, just to let it go. Leah was stubborn as heck, I could tell just by this, she would always want to have the last word. She smiled. "I know you don't agree, but I just truly can't expect anything from anyone, I always end up doing it but if I tell myself enough maybe one day I'll believe it."

I giggled. "That's true." "Well, now I'm hungry. I'll order pizza. Make yourself at home." Leah said and walked away. "Don't tell me that, I'll take it seriously." I laughed, clearly joking. "Can I just spend the night here?" I asked Leah as I walked into her kitchen, her freaking beautiful kitchen. Everything was so...clean. Oh, my god. "Of course. I have some clothes I can let you borrow, allow me a second so I can finish ordering this." I nodded and she continued speaking with someone on the phone.

I started walking around her house. It was really so beautiful. She had a table in the hallway, filled with pictures, there were several people. I was guessing they were relatives. Then she had a few pictures of herself, professional ones, she's stunning.

"You like what you see?" I smiled. "Actually...yes" I giggled, "These are really good." I pointed at the professional pictures. "I happen to know people who are photographers, and they wanted me as a model, and well...there, I liked them." "You're beautiful." I said. Everything was so quite, it felt so at peace. I turned to look at Leah and that's when I realized she was inches away from me, she didn't even try to distance herself. She looked down on me, then up until our eyes connected, then she looked down at my lips and moved her hand to touch them. She traced her thumb all over them and my mouth opened a little. My breathing was starting to lose it's steadiness and that's when she pulled me closer with her hand, that was on the back of my neck, and she kissed me.

_________________

😳😳😳