48

Jennifer's POV.

"I'm going to kill you!" I said and looked down on my skin. It was a little swollen. "Me? Why!? You can't even remember whose idea this was! Besides, it's not like I don't have the same one." She giggled and turned the shower on. "I'm sure this was your idea, you've always had that crazy shit of getting promise tattoos or whatever it is. I don't know." I was slightly pissed, "Leah...I'm-" "I'm sorry! I didn't do it on purpose." She apologized and got in the shower. "Come here, let's shower, we gotta catch a flight in a few hours."

We had a quick shower and then we went out to brush and dry our hair and whatnot.

"At least we didn't get married." She said and I looked up at her slowly, panicking. "I- Leah..." her eyes widen and we literally ran out of the bathroom. We were looking for a certificate. We literally turned the whole place upside down.
"Okay, I think it's safe to say we didn't get married." She said and sighed. "Let's just, not get wasted in Vegas, that's not a good idea." She laughed. "Well, if we'd be married there would be nothing to do but to suck it up and live with it. I wouldn't mind." Leah shrugged. "Riiiight!!! Let's just take one step at a time, should we?" I smiled and she laughed.

"I like the tattoos at least. They're cute and simple, and the best part is that I don't remember anything, so I don't actually feel any pain." I said. "Now we belong to each other forever." she said and walked closer placing her arms over my waist. "I'm yours, forever." She whispered and leaned closer, but before she could say anything, I spoke,
"I'm yours, forever"

-

The flight went just fine and by the end of the night we were home, I was so tired. We got there and went to bed right away.

On Wednesday, it was a normal and boring middle of the week day. I read some emails and replied some others.

Alexa left, a week after she did what she did at the bar, she just decided to leave, she left to our offices in Australia. I didn't say anything, I didn't do anything, it was all on her. When I asked Miguel he just told me she was leaving temporarily and he didn't know the reasons. I wouldn't like to flatter myself and make it about me but I would so say it was because of what happened at the bar.

The day went by slowly, and I was dying. It felt like weeks passed. It was finally 5:30pm and I left home for the day. I was ready to eat dinner and go to bed, and since I was not cooking, I ordered food before I got home. I texted Leah but she never replied, I also called her but nothing, so I just ordered without her opinion.

I got home, got a shower, ate dinner and then went to bed. I was seriously so tired.

I don't know what time it was, but it was pretty late, and that's when Leah got home.

"Hi baby." I whispered half asleep, "there's pizza in the kitchen." I said and turned around. She was just sitting there, not moving or anything.

I rubbed her back and sat up. "You okay? How was work?" I asked trying my best to stay awake. "Leah...baby?" Then I heard it, she was sniffing. "Leah?! What's it?" I stood up and turned the lamp on. She was an actual crying mess. She got mascara all over her face, and her eyes were so red and swollen, like if she's been crying forever. "Baby, what is it?" I squatted down in between her legs and she continued crying, she wouldn't talk or even look at me.  "Leah! Please talk to me." "Jennifer..." she couldn't even breathe, "it's her...It- it's her." She said. "What? Who? What happened?" "It's her...I- I knew there was something going on...my mother. She's sick again, she- she's got cancer again." She said and broke down, literally, she felt on my shoulder and I just held her, I held her and let her cry it out, this was not good. At all.
"I'm so sorry, Leah...is it so bad?" I never knew what to ask, what to say, well, you noticed.

"It's worse than the first time. She's got it on her left breast now, the remaining one and this is not like the last time. It's way worse. We cannot operate, Jen...my mother is- my mother is dying." She broke down again and that made me so emotional, I started crying too. "I'm sorry, baby." "My mom...this is- this is not fair. Not fair." She shook her head and cried. "There's nothing you guys can do?" I asked wimping my tears away. "Chemo and radiation...but it's going to be way too aggressive, we don't know if she could handle it, if cancer doesn't kill her, the treatments surely will." She said in between tears. "I'm so sorry." I whispered and pulled her in for a hug. This made me so sad, she was so hurt, my heart was aching.

She cried for several minutes and then I could convince her to just get a shower, I helped her changed into pjs and then I made her go to bed, she needed to rest.

-

The next day I called Miguel and explained everything, he understood, as usual, and let me just stay home. Leah wouldn't leave our bed and it was stressing me.

"Baby, she needs you strong, you cannot be here forever. She's fighting cancer, she needs you by her side, you can't just give up....you need to be with her and spend all the possible time with her. She needs you more than anything right now. Please get up." She sighed and did so, she sat up and placed her head in her hands. "I don't want her to die, Jen." "We don't want that to happen, that's why you're going to get up, get ready and go to work, she's there, she needs you, she's fighting a battle and she should not be alone. Get ready, I'll go with you." I said and Leah nodded slowly. "I love you, Jen" she said and I kissed her lips softly, "I love you too, baby."

-